Re: KQED-HD OTA breakups?

  • steviray
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 9:35 PM
      I got this response from KQED:

      "We are having problems with KQED DT's Over the Air (OTA)
      transmission, which started around 7:15p Friday the 13th. Another
      part of the problem is that several of our trouble-shooting
      engineering staff are away at NAB. The master control crew have
      tried the "normal" solutions, but without success. At this point, we
      don't know what the problem is, so don't know when it will be
      resolved.

      Transmission via Comcast Cable is unaffected."

      Cheers,
      -Keith

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <gihscto02@...> wrote:

      > Since Friday the 13th I've been experiencing bad OTA reception on
      Ch 9.
      > Haven't heard what the problem is, but it's good to know others
      are
      > experiencing the same problem--at least it's not our equipment.
      >

      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "steviray" <kbemail@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am seeing wildly fluctuating signal strength on KQED-HD OTA
      with
      > > picture breakups, using 2 different receivers and antenna set-
      ups.
      > All
      > > other digital Sutro stations are fine. Anyone know what's up
      with
      > KQED-
      > > HD OTA?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Keith

    • Phil Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 7:35 AM
        At least they simulcast their HD programming on channel 54-1, so if you have a rotor or an antenna pointed in such a way that can get both KTEH and KQED you won't miss anything. I'm in Southwest San Jose and am lucky enough to get both without having to move anything.

        Phil