Video Selectors.....

  • eightaxleed
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
      I've got the Echostar Dish 6000 receiver. As many are aware, you can select
      standard definition on s-video or composite, and you can select high
      definition on component video. I ran both inputs into the back of my tv, but I
      find it annoying to switch inputs on the tv as well as change the definitiion
      mode on the receiver. I like the line doublers in the Tv better than in the
      receiver. Has anyone found an automatic video selector that can take an s-
      video input and a component video input and automatically output the active
      input on a component video output? If I had that, I switching between high
      definition and standard definition would be a breeze, just hit the button on the
      receiver!

      -Jeff Sanders
    • News account for mefox.org

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
          That is a fantastic idea. Can anyone suggest a good remote for the satellite
          receiver, a 34" wide screen panasonic tv, and a technics (panasonic)
          reciever?

          -- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., "News account for mefox.org" <news@m...> wrote:
          > I had the same problem. If you have a programmable remote, you could
          > program a simple macro.

        • Peter Cold
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
            philips pronto is the best remote out there, but you
            better have some time to program it!

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • leo g. divinagracia iii
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
              Peter Cold wrote:
              > philips pronto is the best remote out there, but you
              > better have some time to program it!

              cant you use a PC to program then d/l to the pronto? on thing i hate is
              beaming a command one a time from the OEM to the aftermarket ones...

              --
              Leo G. Divinagracia III
              ldivinag@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                Pronto is good.  You might want to check out the Marantz ones too.  I've got the new color Marantz 9200 and like it a lot.  I must admit, it's ridiculously expensive but I find the color screen makes things easier to grab at a glance.

                Another thing I like about it is that it comes with an RF remote repeater for plugging in infrared emitters.  Set the mode to wireless, place the wireless repeater near your stuff and plug in the emitters (little LED thingies that stick to the "eye" of each device).  This makes macros more reliable since the remote control doesn't need to be pointed at the devices as the various commands are being run one after the other.

                Michael
                philips pronto is the best remote out there, but you
                better have some time to program it!

                --- eightaxleed <jeffrey_sanders@...> wrote:
                > That is a fantastic idea.  Can anyone suggest a good
                > remote for the satellite
                > receiver, a 34" wide screen panasonic tv, and a
                > technics (panasonic)
                > reciever?
                >

                > -- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., "News account for
                > mefox.org" <news@m...> wrote:
                > > I had the same problem.  If you have a
                > programmable remote, you could
                > > program a simple macro.

              • Peter Cold
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                  yeah. it's all on the pc, and you can find lot's of
                  prebuilt configurations on remotecentral.com, but it
                  was still a very laborious process to get it exactly
                  how i wanted it...

                  --- "leo g. divinagracia iii"
                  <ldivinag@...> wrote:
                  > Peter Cold wrote:
                  > > philips pronto is the best remote out there, but
                  > you
                  > > better have some time to program it!
                  > >

                  > cant you use a PC to program then d/l to the pronto?
                  > on thing i hate is
                  > beaming a command one a time from the OEM to the
                  > aftermarket ones...
                  >

                  > --
                  > Leo G. Divinagracia III
                  > ldivinag@...

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • The Hubers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                    Message
                    The remotes mentioned earlier are great remotes, but wow are they expensive,  I have a fairly cheap One for All Cinema7 that worked great. It only has 2 macro buttons.  I used it with Pioneer TV and AV Receiver and a Dish 6000.
                    That is a fantastic idea.  Can anyone suggest a good remote for the satellite
                    receiver, a 34" wide screen panasonic tv, and a technics (panasonic)
                    reciever?

                    -- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., "News account for mefox.org" <news@m...> wrote:
                    > I had the same problem.  If you have a programmable remote, you could
                    > program a simple macro.

                  • R8der
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                      Message
                      If anybody is seriously looking at a Pronto TSU 2000 with VERY low miles, I'm looking to sell mine.  I got the Home Theater Master MX-500 with a new piece of gear I bought and the wife loves it, so the Pronto is out just a few months after I purchased it.

                      Chris