RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KTVU

  • bill weber
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 3, 2007

      Don,
      Its happening again right now(tues. Jan.2 4:50pm). All the channels
      have slipped down a notch...Main kscm programing is 43.2, mhz is 43.3
      and jazz is 43.4. The stations are not showing up in the on screen station menu.
      I am able to get to 43.x by just using the channel selector up/down. I had 43.3
      turned off under channel edit. So last week I lost mhz because it fell to 43.3.
      I did see the filler screen for mhz this weekend .  I don't have a functional problem.
      I know where kcsm lies ;)  I hope things get better for you.

      bill weber wrote:

      > I only do OTA. My LG LST-4200a hasn't skipped a beat since this DirectV
      > buhaha started. Yes 2.2 is gone, but it disappeared after the complaints
      > started... Notice the problem on kcsm this last week? The LG LST-4200a
      > did and correctly put it on 43-2 as kcsm did at the transmitter. KCSM is
      > back to normal now, but without MHZ network.

      MHZ lost a fiber mux at their studio in Virginia. They hope to have it
      replaced or repaired in the next day or two... The mux died Saturday
      afternoon, near the beginning of a three day weekend. Pretty much the
      worst time for this sort of problem to happen.

      What problem did you notice at KCSM last week?

      - Don Hackler
      - KCSM

      Get the Live.com Holiday Page for recipes, gift-giving ideas, and more. Check it out!
    • Larry Katzeff
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
        Is KTVU Channel 2 OTA off the air? Works via Directv feed but not OTA.

        Larry

      • Dennis P. Hagemann
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
          I am getting it here in Santa Rosa.

          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
            Normal signal here at 9 o'clock.

            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
              The KNTV problems just lasted for few minutes. However, The audio at KNTV, clocks, pops and gurgling, were evident while watching "America got talent"
              Does anybody knows anybody else beside Richard that we can get in contact at the station. He may be not around at this time.
              Larry Katzeff

              On Sep 16, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Larry Katzeff wrote:

              Is KTVU Channel 2 OTA off the air? Works via Directv feed but not OTA.

              Larry

            • bob_lopaka
              Message 6 of 30 , Sep 17, 2009

                --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Katzeff <lxkatze@...> wrote:

                > Is KTVU Channel 2 OTA off the air? Works via Directv feed but not OTA.

                If the KTVU HD signal works on DirecTV it means KTVU is on the air because DirecTV receives the KTVU HD signal via OTA.  KTVU was doing some mobile handheld testing the past couple of days which may have affected your decoder.  You might have to do a rescan, or a reboot and a rescan, to reacquire the channel.