Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] 49ers went from HD to SD

  • Kevin Diggs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
      Bob Weissman wrote:

      > Today's 49ers game on Comcast started out in high def but somewhere
      > along the line became low def.
      >
      > Why on earth does this happen?
      >
      > - Bob in Sunnyvale

      Are you sure that some of this game was in HD? I could have sworn that
      I heard the commentators babbling about their "truck" being stranded on
      the interstate. I presumed they were talking about their production
      truck which contains most of their toys.

      kevin

    • David P Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
        On satellite the whole game in HD amongst others.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
          While widescreen, 16:9, this game was not HD it was 480P.

          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "David P Smith" <k6rdk@...> wrote:

          > On satellite the whole game in HD amongst others.
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > _____

        • Lyndon Lloyd
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
            It did look to be horribly compressed on DirecTV, though. Lots of pixellation and artefacts around the on-screen graphics.

            Not surprising, I suppose, given their bandwidth issues on NFL Sundays.

          • james.w.ash@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
              How does the parade look in HD?

              Anyone have HGTV in HD?

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
                It is on The Discovery Channel and it is beautiful!

                From: Lyndon Lloyd
                Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:26:59
                To:HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com

                It did look to be horribly compressed on DirecTV, though. Lots of pixellation and artefacts around the on-screen graphics.

                Not surprising, I suppose, given their bandwidth issues on NFL Sundays.

                On Jan 1, 2007, at 7:58 AM, David P Smith wrote:

                On satellite the whole game in HD amongst others.

                Dave

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:HDTV-in-SFbay-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:HDTV-in-SFbay-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • james.w.ash@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
                  Awesome

                  I'm in tahoe without my hd

                  :(

                  From: Mike Melinda <mikemelinda2000@...>
                  Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:11:58
                  To:HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com

                  It is on The Discovery Channel and it is beautiful!

                  james.w.ash@... wrote: How does the parade look in HD?

                  Anyone have HGTV in HD?