Dish ESPN

  • mischeviousrat
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2006
      Hi,

      I was at a store Monday night buying some fuses for a demonically
      possesed cassette deck. It was after 5:00pm so I asked the clerk if we
      could check the score of the game (Florida State @ Miami). It was a
      stomped on, flattened, compressed mess! Is this what SD ESPN on Dish
      looks like? Is this receiver dependent? It was being viewed on LCDs up
      to about 42". I think they were hooked up via composite but that won't
      add compression artifacts will it? When there was movement you could
      see the already odd (artificial) patterns in the grass smear?

      kevin
    • Harry Birmingham
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2006
        I have a DISH VIP211 rcvr connected to a Philips HDTV
        monitor..All the Gold package HDTV channels are
        perfect...The on-the-air channels from KTVU,KGO,etc.
        are good when the source program is HD..You meant ESPN
        "HD" didn't you? Some of ESPN HD source programs are
        not in HD and wind up with a GrayBar or a short width
        image. I think you were in a store with a lousy
        setup..this was typical before HDTV became so popular.
        Harry b