Re: Hall of Fame Football Game - KNTV - Not 5.1

  • pdawg171717
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2006
      I don't know how to describe it, but I did notice some weird PQ with
      motion (almost like motion blur?) and some weirdness with faces close
      up that were moving...much better than the "HD" golf they showed
      recently but still not great IMHO...

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "red2grass" <red2grass@...>

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7, 2006
        I just noticed this on the HDNet schedule. Some of you were
        interested in knowing when the test patterns were going to be on
        next. Sorry for the late notice. Set your DVR to record it.

        Tue., Aug 8 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
        HDNet TEST PATTERNS
        Wonder how your home theatre is doing? Wish you had test
        patterns to help set it up? Well, HDNet is here to help.
        This short program will help you get the most out of your
        home theatre setup by providing you with the same
        professional test patterns HDNet uses to set their gear.
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 8, 2006
          If you missed this morning's HDNet test patterns, you're not out
          of luck. I just found the following schedule. It looks like
          they transmit the test patterns every Tuesday morning at 3:50 AM PT.

          Tue., Aug 08 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
          Tue., Aug 15 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
          Tue., Aug 22 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
          Tue., Aug 29 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT

          Larry
        • rlw1953
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2008
            Does anyone know whether these (or any) test patterns are available
            via Comcast? I can't find a channel called HDNet in their listings.

            Thanks,
            - Bob in Sunnyvale

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

            > If you missed this morning's HDNet test patterns, you're not out
            > of luck. I just found the following schedule. It looks like
            > they transmit the test patterns every Tuesday morning at 3:50 AM PT.
            >
            > Tue., Aug 08 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
            > Tue., Aug 15 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
            > Tue., Aug 22 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
            > Tue., Aug 29 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
            >
            > Larry

          • Chris Kast
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2008
              Comcast doesn't carry HDNet.

              I believe the MOJO channel shows them every Sunday at 7:30am (I'm not in front of my computer so I can't check for sure).

              On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM, rlw1953 <rlw@...> wrote:

              Does anyone know whether these (or any) test patterns are available
              via Comcast? I can't find a channel called HDNet in their listings.

              Thanks,
              - Bob in Sunnyvale

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

              > If you missed this morning's HDNet test patterns, you're not out
              > of luck. I just found the following schedule. It looks like
              > they transmit the test patterns every Tuesday morning at 3:50 AM PT.
              >
              > Tue., Aug 08 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
              > Tue., Aug 15 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
              > Tue., Aug 22 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT
              > Tue., Aug 29 - 6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT

              Chris
            • jwpottberg
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2008
                In my area of Sunnyvale (94087 near Fremont/Mary) I see a test pattern
                of color bars 24/7 on QAM channel 126.1

                Jim

                --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "rlw1953" <rlw@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone know whether these (or any) test patterns are available
                > via Comcast? I can't find a channel called HDNet in their listings.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > - Bob in Sunnyvale

              • Bob Weissman
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
                  Interesting. I'm in your neighborhood and I don't get that channel. The highest channel I see via QAM is 119.12.

                  But my hope was to get test patterns through the Comcast Motorola cable box in order to calibrate for that device. Oh well, I guess
                  I'm good enough at eyeballing my TVs' settings by now.

                  Thanks,
                  - Bob in Sunnyvale