digital tv's with video outs?

  • wilfsdad1965
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 8:33 AM
      anyone send me some links for tube tv's with atsc tuner's that have
      video outs so i can send the signal to a dvd recorder??? or better
      still are there any dvd recorders with built in atsc tuners? i don't
      understand why manufacturers have not done this yet. what is the point
      in having a tuner in the tv if you can't record the signal (apart from
      watching it of course)???
    • Ron Economos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 12:54 PM
        You will see DVD recorders with ATSC tuners
        on the shelf in late 2006 to early 2007. The requirement
        that all DVD recorders have ATSC tuners (if they
        have a tuner at all) is mandated after March 2007.

        Ron

        wilfsdad1965 wrote:

        anyone send me some links for tube tv's with atsc tuner's that have
        video outs so i can send the signal to a dvd recorder??? or better
        still are there any dvd recorders with built in atsc tuners? i don't
        understand why manufacturers have not done this yet. what is the point
        in having a tuner in the tv if you can't record the signal (apart from
        watching it of course)???

      • stephen_couch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 5:36 PM
          That is very interesting. Any idea when the Cable Card equipped DVD-
          recorders will be on the market?