Re: Rooftop antennas

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6 12:32 AM
      Kevin Diggs wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > Have you modded your 4228 yet?

      Modded? I don't know what you mean by that. Please explain.

      Larry
    • Kevin Diggs
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7 2:35 AM
        Larry Kenney wrote:

        > Kevin Diggs wrote:
        >
        > > Larry,
        > >
        > > Have you modded your 4228 yet?
        >
        > Modded? I don't know what you mean by that. Please explain.
        >
        > Larry

        Ya know. I think it has something to do with what is called a
        "feedline". The way the two "bow arrays" are combined is ...
        sub-optimal. The mod is something like:

        Remove the feedline connecting the two bow arrays. Connect a 300 to 75
        balun to each bow array and feed it through the screen. Use two equal
        length coax cables to connect the two bow arrays together using a
        splitter/combiner.

        There is also something you can do to help VHF reception. I think it
        was to electrically connect the two halves of the screen together.

        Anyone know where to get weather resistant baluns, splitter/combiners
        and short coax cables?

        Deane Gardner posted an excellent description on 27 April, 2006.

        kevin
      • Rob Weinstock
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7 10:02 AM
          > I'm here in Pleasanton and I have a great ota setup with perfect
          > reception of all ota channels available in our market area and
          > Sacramento if I rotor that direction.

          Fox,

          Since I live in Pleasanton, would it be possible for me to swing by and
          see your configuration?

          Thanks and regards,

          Rob Weinstock
          925-980-6148