Will an indoor antenna work in the outer sunset?

  • groovie_bebe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      I live an apartment in the outer sunset, so I can't put up an outdoor
      antenna, but I can see Sutro Tower from my window. So I was wondering
      if anyone is getting good HDTV reception with an indoor antenna, and
      if so, what antenna do you use?

      Thanks!
    • Mike Melinda

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
          groovie_bebe wrote:

          > I live an apartment in the outer sunset, so I can't put up an outdoor
          > antenna, but I can see Sutro Tower from my window. So I was wondering
          > if anyone is getting good HDTV reception with an indoor antenna, and
          > if so, what antenna do you use?

          You should have no trouble at all receiving the stations from
          Sutro since you can see the tower. A basic UHF loop might even
          work, but the Silver Sensor is probably your best bet. You might
          have to adjust it as you change from station to station if there
          are any reflections and you have multipath problems. Only way to
          tell is to try it.

        • Leo G. Divinagracia III
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
            groovie_bebe wrote:
            > I live an apartment in the outer sunset, so I can't put up an outdoor
            > antenna, but I can see Sutro Tower from my window. So I was wondering
            > if anyone is getting good HDTV reception with an indoor antenna, and
            > if so, what antenna do you use?
            >
            > Thanks!

            i'm in fremont with a cheapie RCA rabbit ears and pie plate/loop
            combo... and i used to get ALL the channels, although some required a
            lot of tweaking... (darn WB...)