KGO in San Francisco (Sutro)

  • mjamfunk
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2006
      Anybody else having problems with KGO? (7.1) specifically...

      I have a rooftop Winegard antenna pointed right at Sutro from Pacific
      Heights - line of sight. I can't be more than 3 or 4 miles away.
      Every other channel is perfect - 80-100% signal according to my Humax
      tuner.

      Any ideas or perhaps KGO is experiencing difficulty?
    • Philip Ross
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Perhaps too much signal is overloading your receiver. Try an attenuator?

        mjamfunk <mikefunk@...> wrote:
        Anybody else having problems with KGO? (7.1) specifically...

        I have a rooftop Winegard antenna pointed right at Sutro from Pacific
        Heights - line of sight. I can't be more than 3 or 4 miles away.
        Every other channel is perfect - 80-100% signal according to my Humax
        tuner.

        Any ideas or perhaps KGO is experiencing difficulty?

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/bDIolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Scott Liddicoat
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "mjamfunk" <mikefunk@...> wrote:

          > Anybody else having problems with KGO? (7.1) specifically...
          >
          > I have a rooftop Winegard antenna pointed right at Sutro from Pacific
          > Heights - line of sight. I can't be more than 3 or 4 miles away.
          > Every other channel is perfect - 80-100% signal according to my Humax
          > tuner.
          >
          > Any ideas or perhaps KGO is experiencing difficulty?

          I have constant problems with KGO 7.1. I'm in the Berkeley hills with
          line of site to Sutro. Channels 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, etc. come in with about
          95% - 100% signal strength OTA on my DishPlayer 942 DVR. Channel 7.1
          comes in at about 75% - 80% and drops out periodically -- usually while
          I'm recording Lost or Alias. I have a standard RadioShack 18 element
          roof-top antenna with a 50" boom. I get a better signal from channel
          11.1 in San Jose -- even while my antenna is pointing at Sutro.
        • mjamfunk
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
            Good idea - thanks. I guess I hadn't considered that given the
            perfection of the other channels. Appreciate the response.

            Mike--

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Philip Ross <paross@...> wrote:

            > Perhaps too much signal is overloading your receiver. Try an attenuator?
            >
            > mjamfunk <mikefunk@...> wrote: Anybody else having problems with
            KGO? (7.1) specifically...

            > I have a rooftop Winegard antenna pointed right at Sutro from Pacific
            > Heights - line of sight. I can't be more than 3 or 4 miles away.
            > Every other channel is perfect - 80-100% signal according to my Humax
            > tuner.
            >
            > Any ideas or perhaps KGO is experiencing difficulty?
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kevin Diggs
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
              Scott Liddicoat wrote:
              > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "mjamfunk" <mikefunk@...> wrote:
              >
              >>Anybody else having problems with KGO? (7.1) specifically...
              >>
              >>I have a rooftop Winegard antenna pointed right at Sutro from Pacific
              >>Heights - line of sight. I can't be more than 3 or 4 miles away.
              >>Every other channel is perfect - 80-100% signal according to my Humax
              >>tuner.
              >>
              >>Any ideas or perhaps KGO is experiencing difficulty?
              >>

              > I have constant problems with KGO 7.1. I'm in the Berkeley hills with
              > line of site to Sutro. Channels 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, etc. come in with about
              > 95% - 100% signal strength OTA on my DishPlayer 942 DVR. Channel 7.1
              > comes in at about 75% - 80% and drops out periodically -- usually while
              > I'm recording Lost or Alias. I have a standard RadioShack 18 element
              > roof-top antenna with a 50" boom. I get a better signal from channel
              > 11.1 in San Jose -- even while my antenna is pointing at Sutro.

              First keep in mind that KNTV now transmits from Mount San Bruno, about 5
              miles(?) south of Sutro. You could be in a multi-path hole for KGO-DT?

              Anyone know if any of the tuners have signal strength that are actually
              of any use?

              kevin