Re: Sutro just shutdown?

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 3, 2006
      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "elgrego1" <elgrego1@y...> wrote:

      > Is there someone who can clarify this ABC HD outage and direct tv
      > for the bay area? If I have direct tv hd in the bay area, would I be
      > getting it in HD or not?I was under the impression an ota antenna
      > was required for local channels, or can you get other broadcasts of
      > the major networks with from other areas {such as L.A.} on direct tv?

      If you have DirecTV and have a waiver to receive a given Networks HD
      signal transmitting from L.A., or N.Y., you won't have a problem
      receiving that particular Network. If you are receiving the 4 local
      San Francisco Network HD stations on the new DirecTV HD receiver you
      will only receive them if they are on the air because that's how
      DirecTV gets the signals from the local San Francisco HD stations at
      this point in time.

      LopakaBob
    • Chris Rempel
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 6, 2006
        That antenna looks very similar in design to the Channel Master 4308. It is
        a good directional medium gain UHF antenna.

        Chris aka the antenna doctor
        www.antennadoctor.com
        650-548-1992