Re: Local HD channels carried on satellite?

  • Rick Mears
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      Randy wrote:

      > The guys at Dish do the same thing with local stations that they
      rebroadcast
      > digitally, except they actually rebroadcast the CBS HDTV signal on one of
      > their HDTV channels and it looks identical to the over the air broadcast.

      This is the first I've heard of any satellite service carrying any local HD
      signals. I guess you mean the CBS national network feed, not the local
      digital channel 5 (KPIX)?

      This is the reason I have no interest in digital cable. They don't carry
      the local digital broadcast signals. So, are any of the satellite folks
      actually serving up local digital signals, or just a down-res version of the
      analog stuff?
    • Peter Simon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        You actually get the local station from either NYC or LA

        > The guys at Dish do the same thing with local stations that they
        rebroadcast
        > digitally, except they actually rebroadcast the CBS HDTV signal on one

        > of their HDTV channels and it looks identical to the over the air
        > broadcast.

        This is the first I've heard of any satellite service carrying any local
        HD signals. I guess you mean the CBS national network feed, not the
        local digital channel 5 (KPIX)?

        This is the reason I have no interest in digital cable. They don't
        carry the local digital broadcast signals. So, are any of the satellite
        folks actually serving up local digital signals, or just a down-res
        version of the analog stuff?

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/