Multipath problems

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      I'm testing out the signal strength of my new HD Tivo and can get NBC
      and FOX no problems (strong signals) using a ChannelMaster Smartenna
      3000 that Directv installed. The signal strength coming from CBS and
      ABC however jumps from 0 to 40. According to antennaweb digital
      frequencies 24, 29, and 56 (ABC, CBS, FOX) all point in the same
      direction (300 degrees). Is it possible to get multipath interference
      on different frequencies coming from the same direction? Is there any
      way to get rid of this interference other than to get a directional
      antenna?
    • Chris Rempel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        >I'm testing out the signal strength of my new HD Tivo and can get NBC
        >and FOX no problems (strong signals) using a ChannelMaster Smartenna
        >3000 that Directv installed. The signal strength coming from CBS and
        >ABC however jumps from 0 to 40. According to antennaweb digital
        >frequencies 24, 29, and 56 (ABC, CBS, FOX) all point in the same
        >direction (300 degrees).

        >Is it possible to get multipath interference
        >on different frequencies coming from the same direction?

        Yes

        >Is there any way to get rid of this interference other than to get a
        directional
        >antenna?

        Some of the newer generation receivers have better error correction and may
        be
        able to sort thought the problem, but it is still better to use a
        directional antenna.
        If you are doing it yourself a directional antenna is still cheaper than a
        new receiver.

        Chris aka the antenna doctor