Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: No KTVU-DT... It's Monday. Still waiting...

  • Derek Balavac
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
      Please don't make me watch 2-0.

      ---- Original message ----
      >Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:36:21 -0000
      >From: "les94111" <les94111@...>
      >Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: No KTVU-DT... It's
      Monday.  Still waiting...
      >To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Waiting, waiting, waiting...
      >
      > They better comeback in time for Prison Break!!!
      >
      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Ross"
      > <paross@p...> wrote:
      > > They have been down for a few days. Word is that
      > they may be back up on
      > > Monday.

      SFbay/message/18766

      SFbay/message/18786

    • petedeff
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
        On another forum I read about an email someone got back from KTVU and
        they said "late Monday or Tuesday"...whatever that means...they had to
        order parts to fix the transmitter...

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Derek Balavac <dbalavac@r...>
        wrote:
        > Please don't make me watch 2-0.

      • pmccolgan
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
          I guess you could watch it in standard definition like mnost other folks ;-)

          --- les94111 <les94111@...> wrote:

          > Waiting, waiting, waiting...
          >
          > They better comeback in time for Prison Break!!!

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • les94111
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
            Oh My Gawd!! It's back! Yah!

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, pmccolgan <pmccolgan@y...> wrote:
            > I guess you could watch it in standard definition like mnost other
            folks ;-)

            > --- les94111 <les94111@y...> wrote:
            >

            > > Waiting, waiting, waiting...
            > >
            > > They better comeback in time for Prison Break!!!
            > >

            > __________________________________
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Bob
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
              KTVU-DT will be on until 10pm tonight, they have someone manning the
              transmitter. There is more work to be done tomorrow, they plan on
              being back on the air in time for the Tuesday baseball playoff game.

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "les94111" <les94111@y...>
              wrote:
              > Oh My Gawd!! It's back! Yah!
              >
              > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, pmccolgan <pmccolgan@y...>
              wrote:
              > > I guess you could watch it in standard definition like mnost other
              > folks ;-)
              > >

              > > --- les94111 <les94111@y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > > Waiting, waiting, waiting...
              > > >
              > > > They better comeback in time for Prison Break!!!
              > > >

              > > __________________________________
              > > http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Michael
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lborges@p...> wrote:
                > Anyone else having problems receiving KTVU Sunday? Getting zero
                > signal today in Fremont which means no HD Football.

                Got this message from KTVU engineering

                ============
                Report as of 1530 (3:30 PM).

                In addition to the burned up coolant pumps, bad Cooling system
                electronic control parts have been isolated and are being obtained. As
                reported earlier, the transmitter seems to be ok, Just the cooling
                system is not.

                It is expected that the parts will be on site and installed tomorrow.

                In the mean time. Ken Dixon will stay at Sutro until 10 PM to keep the
                transmitter On-Air and monitor the cooling system which is at risk. We
                will then turn the HD transmitter off so that Ken can get some rest
                and continue the repairs tomorrow morning.

                We expect the repairs will be completed during the day but if the
                repairs are not complete by tomorrow evening, Ken will stay with the
                HD transmitter through the Play-Off game.

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                  It's back.

                  --- les94111 <les94111@...> wrote:

                  > Waiting, waiting, waiting...
                  >
                  > They better comeback in time for Prison Break!!!
                  >

                  > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Ross"
                  > <paross@p...> wrote:
                  > > They have been down for a few days. Word is that
                  > they may be back up on
                  > > Monday.

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • gwydion
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                    Man, I think we owe Ken Dixon a big thanks and maybe a nice bottle of wine
                    or something.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                      Oh no. We want Ken 100% sober and making sure the transmitter On-Air
                      and monitor the cooling system before the show is over then, maybe, he
                      can have a sip of wine.

                      Kenny, it's ok up there? No problem tonight?

                      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, gwydion <gwydion@c...> wrote:
                      > Man, I think we owe Ken Dixon a big thanks and maybe a nice bottle
                      of wine
                      > or something.

                    • Derek Balavac
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                        Now that 2-1 is up and running, has anyone noticed the small flickering
                        line in the upper middle portion of the picture? I noticed it during
                        Sienfeld and during commercials. If I see it, then their engineers must
                        see it.

                        Man, I think we owe Ken Dixon a big thanks and maybe a nice bottle of
                        wine
                        or something.

                        On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:07:47 -0000, Michael <mikerude@...> wrote:

                        > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lborges@p...> wrote:
                        >> Anyone else having problems receiving KTVU Sunday? Getting zero
                        >> signal today in Fremont which means no HD Football.
                        >
                        > Got this message from KTVU engineering
                        >
                        > ============
                        > Report as of 1530 (3:30 PM).
                        >
                        > In addition to the burned up coolant pumps, bad Cooling system
                        > electronic control parts have been isolated and are being obtained. As
                        > reported earlier, the transmitter seems to be ok, Just the cooling
                        > system is not.
                        >
                        > It is expected that the parts will be on site and installed tomorrow.
                        >
                        > In the mean time. Ken Dixon will stay at Sutro until 10 PM to keep the
                        > transmitter On-Air and monitor the cooling system which is at risk. We
                        > will then turn the HD transmitter off so that Ken can get some rest
                        > and continue the repairs tomorrow morning.
                        >
                        > We expect the repairs will be completed during the day but if the
                        > repairs are not complete by tomorrow evening, Ken will stay with the
                        > HD transmitter through the Play-Off game.

                        9/30/2005
                      • Matt Thomas
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Derek Balavac wrote:
                          > Now that 2-1 is up and running, has anyone noticed the small flickering
                          > line in the upper middle portion of the picture? I noticed it during
                          > Sienfeld and during commercials. If I see it, then their engineers must
                          > see it.

                          KICU's encoder had that problem. I wonder if they moved it.
                        • mikechiu28
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Didn't notice it during Prison Break, but I'm sure glad I ran another
                            scan on the digi channels when I got home. To my surprise 2.1 locked
                            in. I just put up my Terk36 this weekend and couldn't get FOX/KTVU at
                            all! I thought I was just SOL. Then at 10 PM the FOX signal went out
                            and I did a search and here was this group on Yahoo!. Great and very
                            informational everyone. Oh and the NBC/KNTV crazy orange stuff I
                            thought was due to my man handling of the antenna. It went away
                            Sunday and was soooo glad. Good to know my equipment hasn't gone
                            haywire. Again, great informative place for HDTV OTA info.