Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Signal for local channels compare to HD.NET

  • Don Cone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
      From my prospective, local digital broadcasts are far superior to DirectTV.

      Don Cone
    • bobbyrock94928
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        And the local digital broadcasts look better than DishNetwork as well
        for regular programming only. CBS-LA looks spectacular with HD
        programming.

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., Don Cone <vdcone@p...> wrote:
        > From my prospective, local digital broadcasts are far superior to
        DirectTV.

        > Don Cone
      • Randy Spencer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          The reason the local guys look so good is because they are broadcasting in a
          digital format that has room to fit an HDTV picture in it, while the guys at
          DirecTV compress the signal down until you could fit it thru a phone line.
          The guys at Dish do the same thing with local stations that they rebroadcast
          digitally, except they actually rebroadcast the CBS HDTV signal on one of
          their HDTV channels and it looks identical to the over the air broadcast.

          Someday it'll all be HD.

          -Randy

          --- icemans2001 <icemans2001@...> wrote:
          > I'm new to HDTV. How does the local channels from San Jose compare
          > in quality to HD.net. I currently have local channels through
          > directv. But was thinking to installing a antenna. When I go to
          > store everyone always broadcast with HD.net, or showtime.
          >
          > Please help
          >
          > Icemans2001

          =====
          Randy Spencer (http://geocities.com/israndy)