Re: Why did you not post my question?

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Leo,

      I'm missing something here. When I post to the HDTV-in-SFbay forum I
      just sign on to the forum from any computer that has Internet access
      and post.

      It sounds like there is another way to post from an e-mail account??

      Actually I usually reply to a post as opposed to creating a new post,
      maybe that is what you are referring to?

      LopakaBob

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Leo G. Divinagracia III"
      <leo.divinagraciaiii@c...> wrote:

      > the yahoo group software is very picky. it only accepts posts from
      the email address you signed up from.

      > like that address you list above. but if you used your work
      address and posted from there, the list will reject it.

      > prevents spamming and stuff.
      >
      > --
      > Leo G. Divinagracia III
      > leo.divinagraciaiii@c...

      > reg2002blank wrote:
      >
      > > I asked a legitimate question, why didn't you post it? I need to
      know if there were problems with KGO's HD broadcasts.

      > > reg2002blank@y...
    • E Frank Ball
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        The list is NOT moderated. If you post it it will appear
        automatically, unless Yahoo's software doesn't post it. As
        was pointed out Yahoo's software won't let someone who is
        not subscribed to the list make a posting, but you can have
        half a dozen addresses registered with Yahoo and any of
        those will work.

        There are many different email programs, I have no idea what
        software you are using.

        E Frank Ball efball@...

        On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:02:30PM -0000, Bob wrote:
        } Hi Leo,
        }
        } I'm missing something here. When I post to the HDTV-in-SFbay forum I
        } just sign on to the forum from any computer that has Internet access
        } and post.
        }
        } It sounds like there is another way to post from an e-mail account??
        }
        } Actually I usually reply to a post as opposed to creating a new post,
        } maybe that is what you are referring to?
        }
        } LopakaBob
        }
        }
        } --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Leo G. Divinagracia III"
        } <leo.divinagraciaiii@c...> wrote:
        }
        } > the yahoo group software is very picky. it only accepts posts from
        } the email address you signed up from.
        } >
        } > like that address you list above. but if you used your work
        } address and posted from there, the list will reject it.
        } >
        } > prevents spamming and stuff.
        } >
        } > --
        } > Leo G. Divinagracia III
        } > leo.divinagraciaiii@c...
        }
        }
        } > reg2002blank wrote:
        } >
        } > > I asked a legitimate question, why didn't you post it? I need to
        } know if there were problems with KGO's HD broadcasts.
        } > >
        } > > reg2002blank@y...
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        } Yahoo! Groups Links
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }
        }

        --

        Frank Ball frankb@...
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
          E Frank Ball,

          That's what I thought which is why I was confused about Leo's
          response to reg2002blank where he said, "the yahoo group software is
          very picky. it only accepts posts from the email address you signed
          up from."

          I understand that one must be subscribed to the list make a posting;
          I just didn't read what was written that way.

          Thank you for the clarification.

          LopakaBob

          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, E Frank Ball <frankb@e...>

        • Leo G. Divinagracia III
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
            Bob wrote:
            > Hi Leo,
            >
            > I'm missing something here. When I post to the HDTV-in-SFbay forum I
            > just sign on to the forum from any computer that has Internet access
            > and post.
            >
            > It sounds like there is another way to post from an e-mail account??
            >
            > Actually I usually reply to a post as opposed to creating a new post,
            > maybe that is what you are referring to?

            my email is... well a little complicated.

            i was emailing when email was well i the infancy... heck the internet as
            we know it.

            plus i use my work email (if you havent noticed yet) for just about
            everything.

            anyways, we have various email naming schemes and numerous aliases that
            eventually point to one mailbox.

            anyways, a couple years ago, during CES, i saw something really cool and
            i thought i'd report to the list about it. so i used the email stations
            that CES has setup but it only allowed me to access my work email via a
            web browser. and of course using web browser interface (vs an email
            client -- i used mozilla) has a diff email address that i normally post
            to this list.

            sure enough it was rejected. because i was registered here by a
            slightly diff address, that the one i used to send that message...

            so...

            [now, for some actual list contect]

            anyone notice that the clock is off on the comcast DVr again? i'm
            missing the last1-2 minutes of shows... ticking me off...
          • Bob
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
              Thanks Leo, that makes it completely clear, I think, LOL :-)
              Great explanation!

              LopakaBob

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Leo G. Divinagracia III"
              <leo.divinagraciaiii@c...> wrote:

              << snip >>

              > my email is... well a little complicated.
              >
              > i was emailing when email was well i the infancy... heck the
              internet as we know it.

              > plus i use my work email (if you havent noticed yet) for just
              about everything.

              > anyways, we have various email naming schemes and numerous aliases
              that eventually point to one mailbox.

              > anyways, a couple years ago, during CES, i saw something really
              cool and i thought i'd report to the list about it. so i used the
              email stations that CES has setup but it only allowed me to access
              my work email via a web browser. and of course using web browser
              interface (vs an email client -- i used mozilla) has a diff email
              address that i normally post to this list.

              > sure enough it was rejected. because i was registered here by a
              > slightly diff address, that the one i used to send that message...
              >
              > so...
              >
              > [now, for some actual list contect]
              >
              > anyone notice that the clock is off on the comcast DVr again? i'm
              > missing the last1-2 minutes of shows... ticking me off...
            • Randy Spencer
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
                FYI, this list IS MODERATED, after people have earned a place here the
                moderation is reduced to make things go fast, probably this is where the
                original confusion came in. You guys are also right that Yahoo tracks the
                accounts that you are logged in as. If the group is set up a certain way
                than you can only post from those accounts. You can always post from the
                web interface too.

                -Randy (Moderator)

                --- E Frank Ball <frankb@...> wrote:

                > The list is NOT moderated. If you post it it will appear
                > automatically, unless Yahoo's software doesn't post it. As
                > was pointed out Yahoo's software won't let someone who is
                > not subscribed to the list make a posting, but you can have
                > half a dozen addresses registered with Yahoo and any of
                > those will work.
                >
                > There are many different email programs, I have no idea what
                > software you are using.
                >
                > E Frank Ball efball@...
                >
                > On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:02:30PM -0000, Bob wrote:
                > } Hi Leo,
                > }
                > } I'm missing something here. When I post to the HDTV-in-SFbay forum I
                > } just sign on to the forum from any computer that has Internet access
                > } and post.
                > }
                > } It sounds like there is another way to post from an e-mail account??
                > }
                > } Actually I usually reply to a post as opposed to creating a new post,
                > } maybe that is what you are referring to?
                > }
                > } LopakaBob
                > }
                > }
                > } --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Leo G. Divinagracia III"
                > } <leo.divinagraciaiii@c...> wrote:
                > }
                > } > the yahoo group software is very picky. it only accepts posts from
                > } the email address you signed up from.
                > } >
                > } > like that address you list above. but if you used your work
                > } address and posted from there, the list will reject it.
                > } >
                > } > prevents spamming and stuff.
                > } >
                > } > --
                > } > Leo G. Divinagracia III
                > } > leo.divinagraciaiii@c...
                > }
                > }
                > } > reg2002blank wrote:
                > } >
                > } > > I asked a legitimate question, why didn't you post it? I need to
                > } know if there were problems with KGO's HD broadcasts.
                > } > >
                > } > > reg2002blank@y...
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > } Yahoo! Groups Links
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                > }
                >
                > --
                >
                > Frank Ball frankb@...

                Randy Spencer (510) 769-1949 AIM:RanSpen Citrus Insight #5427
                http://geocities.com/israndy