Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Unable to get KTSF - channels 26.1 and 26.2

  • pmccolgan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
      Thanks Bill - My wife speaks one of these the foreign languages and I am trying to learn it ;-)

      peter
      p.s. I only try at night when home

      > I've noticed the same thing here in South San Jose. I just tried rescanning it
      > and I'm getting 26.1 ok, but blank screen on 26.2. Shrink your buns and
      > thighs is on now. It's paid programming during the day and foreign language
      > at nite, so I haven't been concerned about it. Motorola HDT100 tuner
      > Bill

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • bliffle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
        I'm sorta nearby in Los Altos at Foothill and San Antonio and I have
        both a Winegard Square Shooter (atop a living room bookcase}, and a
        Sylvania Silver Sensor (also on a bookcase) in the bedroom, and
        overall the square shooter works best, especially in stormy weather.
        they're both small, and cost about $80 and $30 respectively.

        The 2 dominant antenna directions are at right angles here, so one
        might consider 2 antennas, which is what I'm going to put up on a 12'
        outside mast. I'll put up a standard yagi type for the UHF/VHF from
        Mt. Sutro and the square shooter for Monument Peak and run two RG-6
        cables (with a splitter on the yagi for my all-analog neighbor whose
        mast I'm using). Once I get the two RG-6s into my house I'll figure
        out what to do (RF switch, combiner, or?).

        I was considering an attic antenna but I'm afraid it might not be
        better than the bookcase location (near the ceiling).

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hsieh <erichsieh@g...> wrote:
        > Anyone in the Sunnyvale area (more specifically the section around the
        > intersection of Fair Oaks and Tasman, or more broadly the sliver
        > between 237 and 101) have an HDTV setup and could recommend an
        > antenna? I'm new to the whole HDTV thing and am not sure what exactly
        > to get.
        >
        > The easiest install for me would be in the attic although a roof
        > install (for a relatively small-ish antenna) is also possible.
      • Chris Rempel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
          Has hundreds on this group have found, the Channel Master 4228 should work
          just fine mounted on the roof. The biggest detractor, may be large
          buildings, or many trees in the way.

          Chris aka the antenna doctor

          Anyone in the Sunnyvale area (more specifically the section around the
          intersection of Fair Oaks and Tasman, or more broadly the sliver
          between 237 and 101) have an HDTV setup and could recommend an
          antenna? I'm new to the whole HDTV thing and am not sure what exactly
          to get.

          The easiest install for me would be in the attic although a roof
          install (for a relatively small-ish antenna) is also possible.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • rc_and_e
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
            I'm also in Sunnyvale, though a little South of you (closer to Los
            Altos near Fremont Ave. and 85). I am able to get everything with a
            single amplified indoor antenna sitting on top of my TV (more
            correctly - on top of the center speaker that sits on top of the TV
            on the first floor of my house). It seems many people in our part
            of the South Bay have similar experiences. Description of what I'm
            using can be found in post 16635.

            Ri-Chee