Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Since KTVU can do 1080i.....

  • leo g. divinagracia iii
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 5, 2002
      the cams were from HD NET... i think the entire production team was from HD
      NET...

      --
      Leo G. Divinagracia III
      ldivinag@...
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 5, 2002
        It sure would be nice if KTVU can simulcast more HDnet material now that
        they have the ability to do so. This will make up for all the useless
        "low res" FOX Widescreen shows.

        Peter Cold wrote:

        > What are the chances that they will do some giants
        > games in HD? Does anyone know if they have enough
        > cameras to do a baseball game?
        >
        > Does anyone have a good contact at KTVU that we could
        > ask about the possibility of some HD baseball?

        --
        Leo G. Divinagracia III
        ldivinag@...

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • R8der
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 5, 2002
          I believe the only reason HDNet was able to show this fireworks show was
          because KTVU allowed them to. I think they have the rights to the show,
          and HDNet did the HD side of it. I don't think this was a case of KTVU
          simulcasting an HDNet event.

          I'm going to try to have lunch with some guys at KTVU next week. I'll
          get the straight scoop from them then.

          Don't expect KTVU to start showing 1080i all of a sudden. They've had
          this capability for two plus years....this is not new. Their encoder is
          new, because the old encoder started giving them problems with 1080i.
          They bought an encoder that did both 1080i and 720p back before Fox ever
          made the decision to show 480p, which is why they've always upconverted
          the 480p to 720p for transmission.

          Remember, KTVU doesn't have HD cams....and they likely have no plans to
          buy any soon based on their recent budget woes.

          Chris