Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] is my set dying or...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2002
      Leo...and anyone else who is not receiving KGO...

      KGO-DT is having problems with their PSIP computer. When you
      don't see a signal on channel 7, go to channel 24. Most STB's
      and receivers make the switch automatically. Some advise the
      viewer of the channel change and the viewer has to hit "enter"
      on the remote for the set to switch (my Sony works that way).
      Apparently some receivers don't switch and don't advise the
      view of the channel change. They just show no signal.

      KGO-DT hasn't been off the air in several weeks, so if you
      have experienced "no signal" for ABC-7, it's due to the PSIP
      computer problem. It wasn't working last weekend, and it's
      not working again tonight.