DISH Network Cancels KRON!

  • Mark Del Secco
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 11:24 PM
      As of Thursday night, Dish Networks has yanked their
      KRON feed. Just go to your KRON channel, and you'll
      see a message loop from the CEO of Dish explaining
      the situation.

      Shall we fight this together?

      -Mark
    • Ted Matsumura
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 12:37 AM
        Right now, it doesn't bother me much since I'm watching KRON on 57-02 DTV,
        but I do have 3 other receivers that I occasionally watch KRON on through
        the sat feed.

        I do think it is very fair of DISH to not charge us for locals while this
        KRON thing gets sorted out.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 5:48 AM
          For those of us not on DISH, what was the reason?

          Ted Matsumura wrote:

          > Right now, it doesn't bother me much since I'm watching KRON on 57-02 DTV,
          > but I do have 3 other receivers that I occasionally watch KRON on through
          > the sat feed.
          >
          > I do think it is very fair of DISH to not charge us for locals while this
          > KRON thing gets sorted out.

        • Ted Matsumura
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 8:41 AM
            According to Charlie Ergan, who speaks to the subject for a looping 10
            minutes or so, the owners of KRON also own an LA station.

            They are requiring DISH to pick up that LA channel for what DISH considers
            an inflated price, in order to keep re-broadcasting the SF KRON local.

            The LA station would not even be viewable by bay area folks, and Charlie
            does not think it is fair for them to tie the requirement of picking up the
            LA station, let alone the unfair price.

            So he thinks their price is unfair, their practices unfair, and he is
            complaining to the FCC in that they are not acting on good faith per some
            recent FCC mandates.

            He is urging the local dish viewers to call and write all the KRON
            owners/station managers, and he is also scrolling all of their advertisers
            so one could contact the advertisers that they can't get KRON.

            Very interesting way to get the viewers to do his mktg./negotiations
            for/with him.