Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Leave my Comcast DVR box on?

  • Tim Maestas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
      The box will turn itself on to record scheduled
      programs, however there is a bug that results in the
      box muting itself when it does so. You would have to
      have the correct code programmed into whatever remote
      you're using to then unmute the box. I just leave
      mine on all the time. Do a quick search at AVSforums
      for more details.
      -Tim

      --- mikencnet <mikencnet@...> wrote:

      > So should I leave my new Comcast DVR box on at all
      > times? I just got
      > it installed and wonder if I can power off all my
      > equipment like I
      > did with my old Comcast box.
      >
      > Will scheduled programs still be recorded when off?
      > I know buffered
      > programs won't record but will it power itself on
      > when a scheduled
      > program is ready to record?

      > --------------------~-->
      > Toolbar.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/bDIolB/TM

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Jeff Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
        Comcast and Motorola recommend that you leave the box
        on at all times. Even when "powered off", the hard
        drive is still working, so there really isn't a reason
        to turn it off. I've had my 6412 PVR for well over a
        month now with no problems, and a 6208 before that for
        a year without any problems.

        --- mikencnet <mikencnet@...> wrote:

        > So should I leave my new Comcast DVR box on at all
        > times? I just got
        > it installed and wonder if I can power off all my
        > equipment like I
        > did with my old Comcast box.
        >
        > Will scheduled programs still be recorded when off?
        > I know buffered
        > programs won't record but will it power itself on
        > when a scheduled
        > program is ready to record?

        http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
      • E Frank Ball
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
          On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:26:53AM -0800, Jeff Rodrigues wrote:
          }
          } Comcast and Motorola recommend that you leave the box
          } on at all times. Even when "powered off", the hard
          } drive is still working, so there really isn't a reason
          } to turn it off. I've had my 6412 PVR for well over a
          } month now with no problems, and a 6208 before that for
          } a year without any problems.

          Even if you turn the box off, the tuner, drive, and video
          outputs are all still active anyway. It won't save any
          power other than turning off the front panel LEDs.

          --

          E Frank Ball frankb@...