RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Outdoor antenna amp

  • Chris Rempel
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
      From: crazy_vag [mailto:crazy_vag@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 3:52 PM
      To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Outdoor antenna amp

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Rempel" <chrisrem@r...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      OTA HDTV
      > are using a pre-amp. the Channel Master 7777 is the best.
      >
      > Chris aka the antenna doctor.
      > 650-548-1992

      Chris, Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know there are pre-amps
      and distribution amps. With the pre-amp, i'll be adding a piece of
      hardware to the antenna, and then plugging something into the wall
      inside my house that will run current up the coax to power the amp?
      Is that how it works?

      -martin

      Yes. The power supply for pre-amps generally run 12-20V up the coax to the
      amp mounted on the antenna mast.

      Chris