Re: FusionHDTV3 PCI card and Comcast

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1 8:46 AM
      It seems like Comcast has slightly different channel mappings in
      different areas. Mine are similar, with some slightly different
      mappings.

      My main problem is that I have been unable to get KPIX and KRON.. I
      tried manually adding 79, but I don't get anything.

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Holger Kruse <ja2@u...> wrote:
      > On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:34:42PM -0000, terry_hardie wrote:
      >
      > An amplifier or better cabling might help. For me the Fusion card
      > works fine, with just a 1-to-4 splitter (5-1000 MHz) and good
      > cabling. All channels are reported at 100% and 27.0 dB.
      >
      > Here is an updated channel list:
      >
      > 78-1: Discovery-HD
      > 79-1: KPIX-HD (CBS-5)
      > 79-2: KROND-4 / HDNet
      > 105-1: INHD
      > 105-2: INHD2 / FSN-HD
      > 105-3: HD Special Events
      > 115-1: Comcast Preview Channel (?)
      > 115-2: HBO-HD (currently in free preview ?)
      > 116-1: KNTV-HD (NBC-11)
      > 116-2: ESPN-HD
      > 117-1: KGO-HD (ABC-7)
      > 117-2: KQED-Life
      > 117-3: KQED-Encore
      > 117-4: KQED-World
      > 117-5: KQED-HD
      > 117-6: KQED-Kids
      > 117-7: ABC News Now
      >
      > --
      > Holger Kruse
    • terry_hardie
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1 11:48 AM
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Holger Kruse <ja2@u...> wrote:
        > An amplifier or better cabling might help. For me the Fusion card
        > works fine, with just a 1-to-4 splitter (5-1000 MHz) and good
        > cabling. All channels are reported at 100% and 27.0 dB.
        >
        > Also check your system config and make sure that the card does not
        > share its interrupt, in particular not with the graphics board.
        > My card did initially, before I moved it to a different PCI slot,
        > and I could not decode much. The card would freeze a few seconds
        > after switching to a new channel. To check open the "System"
        > control panel, then "Hardware" -> "Device Manager", then select
        > "View -> Resources by type" and open "IRQ". And make sure you use
        > the latest software with the card. A 3.0 beta was just released.
        >
        > Btw, the card also lets you tune in analog channels if you change
        > the jumper on the card into the "up" position. I have not any
        > luck tuning any of the other digital channels though.

        I get all the analog fine. Maybe I should try changing the jumper
        and see what happens.

        I'll check the IRQ thing too.

        Also, try a scan with 64QAM - You'll get all the other regular
        digital cable channels too :)

        Terry
      • terry_hardie
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2 10:15 AM
          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "terry_hardie" <terryh@o...>
          wrote:
          > > Also check your system config and make sure that the card does
          not
          > > share its interrupt, in particular not with the graphics board.
          > > My card did initially, before I moved it to a different PCI slot,
          > > and I could not decode much. The card would freeze a few seconds
          > > after switching to a new channel. To check open the "System"
          > > control panel, then "Hardware" -> "Device Manager", then select
          > > "View -> Resources by type" and open "IRQ". And make sure you use
          > > the latest software with the card. A 3.0 beta was just released.
          > >
          > > Btw, the card also lets you tune in analog channels if you change
          > > the jumper on the card into the "up" position. I have not any
          > > luck tuning any of the other digital channels though.
          >
          > I get all the analog fine. Maybe I should try changing the jumper
          > and see what happens.
          >
          > I'll check the IRQ thing too.

          Well, I tried the jumper, and check the IRQ (It was sharing it with
          my firewire card). I tried moving it to another slot anyways. Same
          weak signal all the time. Analog cable comes in fine...

          Oh well - I guess I'll just have another ATSC tuner card now :(

          Terry.
        • dymbyee
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2 5:18 PM
            I have the FusionHDTV 3 Gold card too. I use it only for OTA
            reception. My first impression of this card is that this card has
            trouble picking up the digital signals--analog came in fine.
            Someone in another forum suggested that the signal is coming in too
            strong, and that the card is being overloaded by the strong signal,
            and he recommended that I put take out my pre-amp that I had on my
            antenna. I took out my pre-amp, and lo and behold, all my digital
            signals came in strong! Do you have a pre-amp on your antenna? If
            so, try disabling the pre-amp to see if your digital reception
            improve. If not, then maybe an attenuator would help with the
            strong signal. I'm guessing that your problem stem for a signal
            overload, so either removing the pre-amp or installing an attenuator
            would help. Good luck.

            Dave