RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Fox in Fremont

  • Chris Rempel
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 31, 2004
      From: keenan424 [mailto:keenan@...]
      Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 3:49 PM
      To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Fox in Fremont

      Thanks, I waiting for me tree-climber to call me back so he can go up
      and put in on. One more question, I'm guessing the female end goes
      toward the antenna and the male toward the pre-amp, or does it matter?

      Jim

      It should not matter.

      Chris

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Rempel" <chrisrem@r...>
      wrote:
      > Hello Jim,
      > The channel 41 filter goes between the antenna and the pre-amp. As
      far as
      > if it's worth changing the antenna out, I would say no. It's really
      hard to
      > tell what going on with out using a real signal strength meter at
      different
      > points in the antenna system.
      >
      > Here is the comparative gain data on all three Channel Master UHF
      antennas.

      > Channel 4228 4248 4221
      > 14 10.8 10.2 8.0
      > 19 11.7 10.6 8.3
      > 27 12.1 11.0 9.4
      > 35 12.1 11.4 10.0
      > 43 12.7 12.4 11.0
      > 52 13.0 13.0 12.0
      > 60 11.5 11.8 12.9
      >
      > This info is straight from a Channel Master data sheet that I obtained
      > several years ago.
      > As you can see on the lower end the 4228 has about a 3db advantage
      which it
      > should, but on the upper end the 4221 has the slight advantage.
      Since 1dB