Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Today was the day...

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2002
      todd_i wrote:
      > The channels I am excited to see in DTV are:
      >
      > KCSM 59 60 http://www.kcsm.org/dtv_home.html
      > KTEH 54 50 ?

      The non-commercial channels have until May 1 of next
      year to get on the air.

      According to that HD article about cable it said that
      "...about 75% of the nation's 1,300 commercial broad-
      casters missed the deadline Wednesday for turning on
      their digital signals.

      I find that figure absolutely amazing...75%! It shows
      how little effort most broadcasters have been putting
      into their digital facilities. We've been lucky in the
      Bay Area!

      Federal officials said they don't plan to penalize
      those the didn't come on because they expect most to
      be on the air by the end of the year. We'll see...

      Larry
    • dcstager
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2002
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., Larry Kenney <Larry@h...> wrote:
        > Has anyone else found any new ones that are on that
        > I can't receive? All of the following should be on
        > the air, but when I checked them all I got was "No
        > Signal":

        I did a new scan last Saturday and got new channels 27-1, 38-1, and
        47-1. 27-1 is "no signal" now, but the other two are there.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2002
          dcstager wrote:
          > I did a new scan last Saturday and got new channels 27-1,
          > 38-1, and 47-1. 27-1 is "no signal" now, but the other
          > two are there.

          I now have 47.1, also. I found that I have to turn my
          antenna to a very precise point to get it. One click of
          the rotor in either direction and it's gone. I get it in
          a North-northeasterly direction from San Francisco. The
          station is licensed to Novato.

          I still haven't seen 27-1, but from other reports it sounds
          like they're still testing and aren't on the air that much
          yet.