Re: HD-NBC on DirecTV Ch. 83

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 65 , Oct 1, 2004
      I got denied for my waiver request. I guess KCRA in Sacramento has
      power over my market in Vallejo (94591). What I don't understand is
      how they can deny me HD national coverage. D* is broadcasting
      the local feed from KNTV. So even though I am not recieving KCRA
      programing, they ultimately decide wether or not I get Chan. 82.
      B.S.

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "mhensley_sj" <mhensley25@s...>

    • Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV)
      Message 65 of 65 , Oct 1, 2004
        The waiver process that DirecTV uses ask for a general programming copyright waiver of rights.  Most stations do not grant those in their market especially where local-into-local satellite coverage is available, unless there are extenuating circumstances.  Let me tell you I've heard just about all of them, some would make better soap operas than those on television today.

        So your best bet is to actually call the stations involved and make sure they understand that you are asking for a waiver to receive distant HDTV signals only until DirecTV offers local stations.  You very well could get a waiver for the west coast HDTV programming, it's understandable if not the east coast feed.

        If DirecTV denies you the NBC West coast feed and says it's KNTV not granting the temporary waiver send me the information that I previously asked for and I'll see that you get a waiver letter, very specifically granting you west coast NBC HDTV programming until KNTV become available on the DirecTV system.