Re: Seeking input from Comcast users

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2004
      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Del Secco" <mds54@e...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks for all the responses!
      >
      > One concern I failed to mention: cable outages.....
      > are there many and what are the usual durations?

      I recall one where a construction crew cut through an underground
      cable abour 4 years ago.

      > Question for Larry:
      > For PQ, what did you mean by:
      > > I eventually rerouted some of my internal wiring and it has made
      > > world of difference.

      I have 6 drops for TV and one for internet service. I had a
      distribution system with an amplifier in the crawlspace. The incoming
      line has a split for the cable modem, the other side goes under the
      house to the amplifier.

      When I had my HD going through the amp, there were a lot of issues
      with blocking and sound drop outs. I ended up splitting the line
      before the amp, with one going directly to the HD and the other top
      the amp.
      With this setup I have not had any real issues with HD at all.

      > Thanks again!
      > -Mark in Morgan Hill

      No problem....