RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Attn: Mr. Swank of KNTV (Was: Waiver from NBC to Watch Olympics Using DirecT

  • Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV)
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2004
      According to my source in NY..this is an O&O automatic HDTV allowance.  The fact that DirecTV omitted San Francisco in their announcement was an error on DirecTV's part as it is suppose to be handles just like the rest of the O&O markets.

      My guess is that if you have a DirecTV HDTV system and you live in the SF DMA you will be able to get the Olympics in HDTV over that system, it will be the same 6 hour loop that we are going to broadcast over the air but you should get it.

      The USA Networks, Bravo, MSNBC, Telemundo and NBC covered events will still need to be viewed via those normal paths.

      Soooo many hours of coverage via all these mediums...I would hope everyone can see the events they want, it'll be there somewhere, enjoy.
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3, 2004
        Thank you for the response.

        Hong.

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Swank, Richard (NBC Universal,