3072Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KRON back to zoomed/stretched broadcast?????

  • Randy Bergen
    Dec 4, 2002

      >>Never try and get used to stretched images! That is just dumb.
      >>

      >ahem. if one has a 16:9 television, watching unstreched 4:3 content
      >is "dumb", unless you enjoy burned in vertical sidebars.

      Isn't the purpose of all this fancy TV gear so we can watch great video?
      Why would anyone stretch the image and distort it? And why? TO SAVE THE
      TV!!! You've got it backwards. The TV is supposed to work for you, not,
      you work for the TV.

      I think all the TV's running in the wrong mode(s) in department stores
      and TV showrooms are very bad for HDTV. People who don't know, think the
      "stretched look" is what it is supposed to be doing, and they won't buy
      it. Or worse, some are convinced that "they'll get used to it", and
      attempt to do so! Always watch the picture in the original aspect ratio.
      Always.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic