      Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 22:29
      Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KRON back to zoomed/stretched broadcast?????

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@y..., Randy Bergen <Randy.Bergen@a...> wrote:

      > >  Some say that you will get used to the stretched images,
      > >but it seems to work only for certain (mostly static) contents.
      If things
      > >start to move, it feels like you are looking through some warped
      glasses.

      > Never try and get used to stretched images! That is just dumb.

      ahem. if one has a 16:9 television, watching unstreched 4:3 content
      is "dumb", unless you enjoy burned in vertical sidebars.

      fyi, "dumb" as a pejorative is offensive to those people who are
      handicapped by an inability to speak. They are not lacking in
      intelligence. Only 'dumb' people think that dumb people are stupid.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic