24655Re: Dish Network Locals Zoomed and compressed/clipped Audio

  • Jeff Songster
    Feb 1 5:11 PM
      I was wrong about the DISH problem... the format button on the Dish had been hit and I
      had forgotten about that way to change the format because since I started using an HDMI
      connection I never use it anymore....

      OOPS sorry about the wasted cycles.

      About the Audio though... as of noon... that was better... also... so maybe someone is
      sneaking something into my mini wheats these days...

      Or in the famous words of Gilda as Emily Litella " Oh... never mind"

      Sheepishly,

      Jeff

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <Lopakabob@...> wrote:

      > Follow-up comment, you may have been tuned to the SD channel since HD
      > was down, again this is only if you were viewing between 9am and noon.
      >
      > LopakaBob
      >

      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <Lopakabob@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Songster" jsongster@
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This morning to my disappointment I noted that:
      > > >
      > > > Channel 5 and Channel 7 HD from my DISH DVR were zoomed so that it
      > > looked like an old
      > > > cheap tv... Overscan issue... couldn't see the crawls at all or the
      > > sidebars of KPIX new HD
      > > > look...
      > > If you were watching between 9am and noon the HD signals from Sutro
      > were
      > > down. DishNetwork, as well as DirecTV, get their signals via OTA for
      > > much of the HD in SF. Perhaps they put analog signals on those
      > channels
      > > until the HD signals came back on? If you were watching at another
      > time
      > > ignore this post.
      > >
      > > LopakaBob

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic