Mounted front fenders

  • dentpuller1
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2017
    Finished my front fender brackets yesterday. Mounted the fenders and checked for clearance. The great thing about building an early truck is the ''do what I want'' option: they were equipped to suit the owner's needs. They will be black to match the frame.  The truck will be red red red with natural wood on the back.  The pictures keep me going. ha   Gary  Forest, Va

  • Ray Yount
    Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2017
      Fantastic build and thanks for the photos.

      Ray
      N Idaho

      On Wed May 31 2017 02:41:29 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time), dentpuller1@... [HCRBuildersGroup] <HCRBuildersGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Finished my front fender brackets yesterday. Mounted the fenders and checked for clearance. The great thing about building an early truck is the ''do what I want'' option: they were equipped to suit the owner's needs. They will be black to match the frame.  The truck will be red red red with natural wood on the back.  The pictures keep me going. ha   Gary  Forest, Va

    • kidkneestone
      Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2017
        Great work !!  I am enjoying watching the progress on your build.

        Chuck Snowden
        Eureka, CA

        Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2017
        May I ask : Are these fenders the type you can buy at a Trailor parts dealer? I have a reproduction 1901  Curved dash Oldsmobile of the Original size just less than a Model T coupe size  and I made woof fenders out of the Construction bender Plywood, But they never lasted. The Liquid Nails to bond the layers of wool only lasted a year out on the road. I drive my car on the Highways of Northern California rain otr shine and did drive it on a four week round trip from Redding, Ca. to St. Joseph, Missouri and the fenders lasted on that but all of a sudden the glue started breaking down. and the wood broke. I want to tear my car down and do a redwood body  over the Plywood I used. I was told it would hold up much better. I thought about having some Logs ripped to the size and then making the car out of solid wood over the Plywood. One Cabinet maker told me I should use Birch Plywood. Do you have any preference in woods ? The two photos are the day I fund the car in a Forest Fire and we loaded if on the trailer and then whay it looks like now other than a new different top.

          My car HAS TRAVELED PROBABLY 20, 000 MILES SINCE OCTOBER 10, 2012.
        I drive my car everyday as much as 80 to 100 miles on one short trip. Yesterday I drove it 80 + miles.I do drive it on 4 lane state highways here in Northern California.It's top speed is about 22 - 28 M. P. H. and carries the American Flags, the KIAHonorFlag.org Flag, plus the www.GoldStarWall.org Banner. I also represent several other Veteran's Groups.  am a Volunteer Fund Raiser. We need many more.

        I bought one of the Arthur Geoffrey 1901 Oldsmobile's and have a mint in it but still do not have it running. Do not ever Trust any of these big Auction Companies out of Florida or South Carolina. I receives a $5,000 load of total trash and junk plus a bill of $1750.00 Shipping and Handling and still had to drive six miles to pick it up at the local Truck Stop in the middle of the night.