How your task is to be achieved I do not know...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2006
      "How your task is to be achieved I do not know..." says Elrond in the
      chapter "The Ring Goes South" of FOTR.

      But he knows that Frodo will need help, he knwos that to achieve this
      task Frodo will need companions:

      "...companions to go with you, as far as they will or fortune allows."

      To achieve the task of keeping the Henneth Annûn Story Archive alive,
      we need companions, too.

      We need companions for the Fellowship of HASA!

      We need members to read and comment on the many stories posted here,
      we need reviewers who take the time to carefully review the submitted
      stories. We need contributors who share their knowledge of the
      Ardaverse and many other things in Resources. We need writers to share
      their ideas as nuzgûl flingers and crafters of mithril armour to take
      care of the Challenges section and all its creatures. We need
      volunteers to help out in the various sections of HASA, for welcoming
      new members and keeping a look-out for any problems. We need admins
      for the site management, because it is impossible for one or two
      persons to carry on the neverending quest of handling the admin work
      of a site as demanding as HASA.

      If you like HASA, if you enjoy the time you spend at HASA, would you
      allow Elrond to choose you as a companion on the quest to keep HASA going?

      It's an exciting quest! Maybe not quite as exciting as that of the
      Fellowship, and certainly not as dark and dangerous. But it is richly
      rewarding in friendship and fun and learning new things.

      Think about it!

      Become a companion of the fellowship of HASA and contribute to HASA in
      your way:

      * Offer a warm HASA hello to one of our new members [they are
      listed at the bottom of the right hand column on the main Welcome
      page], maybe read one of their first stories posted here and leave
      them a comment! Write a thoughtful review about a story submitted for
      HASA's public archive! Share a story idea in the Challenges Section!
      If you know something that could be useful for your fellow HASA
      members, contribute to the Resources Section, with a helpful URL, or
      maybe even an article!

      * Contribute to all of HASA and become a volunteer – no matter if
      you want to help with Resources or if you become our new Welcome
      Manager (we are still looking for a new Welcome Manager!) and help to
      make new members feel at home at HASA, every minute of your time, any
      way in which you share your enthusiasm for Tolkien fan fiction and
      HASA is very much appreciated! Or help out with Site Management -
      Agape and Aerlinnel are looking for an assistant! If you would like to
      become a companion for this quest, please contact us!

      * Or you could also donate money to HASA. While most of HASA's
      needs are covered by the volunteer efforts of our membership, there
      are some irreducible operating costs. For example, the costs for
      hosting the site have been $50 per month since March 2005. There are
      two ways to donate money, PayPal and Amazon payments. Details can be
      found here. Even five dollars will help to keep HASA going!

      Think about it!

      Your

      HASA admin team

      ***

      Holidays and Anniversaries of Middle-earth TODAY at HASA in February:

      * 16th – Boromir's death (3019 Third Age)

      * 21st – Aragorn's birth and death (2931 Third Age - 120 Fourth Age)

      * 23rd and 24th – Battle of the Hornburg (3019 Third Age)

      ***

      Please log in at HASA (http://www.henneth-annun.net/) and read this
      announcement on the Welcome Page. Follow the links in this
      announcement, and please think about it: would you like to be a
      companion on HASA's quest?