January 2006 Challenges Bulletin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      [Remember that all links are members' side: you must be logged in to
      HASA for them to work.]

      Birthdays!
      Post your request at the Birthday Cards Forum
      Also, don't forget to create a story for the birthday card workshop.
      This serves the same purpose as the old HAWriters story and lets
      others put drabbles they write in an easily accessible location. Enter
      this story in the challenge for September drabbles, so we have all of
      these in one place. (There are instructions on how to do all this at
      the top of each thread in the Birthday Cards Forum; if you need help
      just ask the Workshop Manager, Gwynnyd.)

      Agape4Gondor has an anniversary request. I came out of lurking and
      became an active member here at HASA on 9 January 2005. I can't
      believe it's been only one year. I've learned so much and have made so
      many friends... good friends and true! What a blessing this has been
      for me! She'd like a blessing given or received by a Gondorian.

      New Challenges:

      The Art Challenge: One for the White Tree flourishing in the Fourth
      Age [September 9, 2006]
      Do you sometimes see a painting and think "This is SO Middle-earth?"
      A portrait that reminds you of Nerdanel?
      A battle scene that simply *has* to be the last fight on the plains of
      Dagorlad?
      A still life that simply *asks* for the greedy hand of a Hobbit child?
      A lonely mountain where you just *know* there are Dwarves just around
      the corner?
      Go to an online art page and pick a picture of a painting from any
      time before 1900. Write a story, poem or drabble about the scene or
      person in the painting. Please include the picture or a link in your
      story.

      HASA Challenges Team