Update: Open Public Posting of Stories

  • Ann Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      The possibility of open posting was proposed last October as a
      response to pressure and contention over the review process. After
      reading the thoughtful comments and emails we received on this topic,
      it appears that we may have underestimated how much the
      quality of the stories was recognized and appreciated as a
      distinguishing characteristic of HASA, and overestimated how
      strongly people wanted to post their own works outside of the review
      process. Consequently, at the present time, we are not going to
      move forward with open, general posting of stories.

      Our goal is to continue to develop and enhance HASA as a site where we
      support our members' efforts to write; and to enjoy the company of
      others who share their enthusiasm for Tolkien. We trust that our
      members will continue to demonstrate the utmost courtesy and respect
      toward each other in all aspects of their participation in order to
      maximize each member's enjoyment of the site.

      We look forward to continued thoughtful and courteous discussion of
      these and other concerns.