My voice went up and sang in the sky...

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2005
      To the pine-trees upon the highland of Dorthonion I climbed in Winter.
      Ah! The wind and the whiteness and the black branches of Winter upon
      Orod-na-Thon!
      My voice went up and sang in the sky.

      - "Seasons" by J.R.R. Tolkien

      ~~~*~~~

      Climb on your chair, make yourself comfortable and access the Stories
      section at HASA. Ah! The wonder and the whiteness and the black
      letters in the newest stories in General and Beta Stories!

      We're afraid we cannot guarantee that your voice won't go up and sing
      in the sky!

      ---------------
      General Stories
      ---------------

      "Collections – Vol.2" by isilelensar:

      Another Volume, more drabbles! Various characters and times ranging
      over the Ages of Middle-earth. Now rated 'Adult' due to certain
      drabbles being sexually oriented. I can't help myself, really. LOL!
      Adult!

      "Parting Gifts" by Larner:

      The Lady of Light faces her last test as she seeks to empower her gifts.

      "Yule Mathoms" by docmon:

      My entries for the 2005 Yule Mathoms Challenge, as a countdown to
      Christmas.

      ***

      Don't forget that every author likes feedback! Use the new Comment
      feature at HASA and share your thoughts, ideas and questions about the
      story you just read. Author and fellow readers alike will be grateful
      to you!

      ------------
      Beta Stories
      ------------

      "Woodland Twilight" by oshun:

      Principally a coming-of-age story about young elves in Mirkwood in
      Third Period. Attempts to explore rituals of adolescence, courtship,
      sexual mores, marriage and bonding--gentle, non-graphic eroticism.
      Consideration as well of consequences of unique social and cultural
      and ethnic mixes within Mirkwood society.
      Adult!

      "Feanor's Wrath" by Lindenya:

      Feanor's thoughts as he swears the Oath.

      "Looking Ahead" by Kitt of Lindon:

      A Hobbit gapfiller in which two Elves meet a certain wanderer 'looking
      ahead'. Finished but in need of constructive criticism!

      ***

      If a story is posted in the Beta Stories section at HASA, the author
      is asking for feedback and concrit, or is possibly even looking for a
      beta reader.

      Use the new Comment feature at HASA to give feedback, or visit the
      author's story forum for a lively discussion about her stories.

      Do you enjoy giving feedback and providing concrit?

      Become a beta reader at HASA!

      Beta reading is fun, and there are many resources at HASA that make
      beta reading easier: visit the Beta Reading Resources Workshop or the
      "Being a Beta Reader" discussion!

      --------------------
      More about Comments:
      --------------------

      You will never miss a comment or private note to you again!

      From now on e-mails of each comment are sent to the author as soon as
      the comment is published at HASA. The reply address is HASA Forums, so
      make sure that your spam filter knows what to do with that!

      To protect our members' privacy, the commenter's e-mail address is not
      included in the e-mail sent by HASA. If you want to reply to the
      comments and notes sent to you, you need to log in at HASA and visit
      your "My Stuff" section, "My Feedback/Comments to Me". There you can
      choose how to reply to the notes and comments you received, either
      with a private e-mail or with a comment of your own.

      ------------
      Help wanted!
      ------------

      HASA needs your help! To keep HASA running, we – all members of HASA!
      – need your help. Please, volunteer and help keeping HASA the fun and
      friendly place it is.

      We are looking for a new Welcome Manager. Please have a look at this
      post and think about it! If you have any questions, feel free to
      contact the volunteers.

      If there is a section at HASA you particularly enjoy, why don't you
      sign up to help out there now and again? The Workshop section for
      example always needs assistants.

      Or if you feel that you can't commit to volunteer duties, why don't
      you take the time and have a look at how our new members are doing.
      The ten newest members are displayed in the right-hand sidebar on the
      Welcome Page. Check out their first stories and their new forums and
      make them feel welcome here at HASA with a short comment or message.

      ~~~*~~~

      Have fun at HASA this week!

      Your
      HASA admin team

      ~~~*~~~

      To follow the links in this announcement, please log in at HASA
      (http://www.henneth-annun.net/) and click on [More] in the
      announcements' box in the right-hand sidebar on the Welcome Page.