HASA news - Donations, Birthdays, Stories

  • nath_kuijpers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2014
      Story Pledge Challenge and donations

      There have been 9 entries in the Sun, Shadow and Smaug challenge. We have two pledges for $5 per story, with a maximum of $70 for one pledge and $75 for the other. With 9 entries, this gives us a pledge total of $90 for the challenge.

      Challenge entries will appear on the HASA home page for the next two weeks and pledges will continue to be accepted through that time. List your pledge in the pledges thread: http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=934&messageId=55362

      As of yesterday, Sunday, February 2, HASA has received $55 in regular donations for January, and has an outstanding hosting balance of $775. This includes the cost for January 2014.

      Monthly subscriptions - set up a monthly recurring donation in amounts from $5 to $25 dollars.

      Yearly subscriptions - set up a recurring annual donation in amounts from $15 to $50 dollars.

      One-off donations of any amount.

      If you're a little short on spare change at the moment, donations of time are always appreciated. There's an archive full of stories just waiting for comments, authors who would love an email complimenting them on their work, challenges that need entries, playlists that need to be created, research that needs doing and forums begging for discussions.

      February Birthdays
      Is your birthday in February, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here: http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=941&messageID=55394

      Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests: http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482

      January Stories
      All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. In January:

      ---34 General Stories were published or updated: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=3
      ---no Beta Stories were updated: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=4
      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

      Thank you for reading and writing at HASA. Enjoy!
    • nath_kuijpers
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2014
        March Birthdays
        Is your birthday in March, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests.

        Challenges
        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

        February Stories
        All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In February:

        ---28 General Stories were published or updated.
        ---1 Beta Story was updated.