HASA news - Birthdays, Challenges, Stories

  • Nath
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 3, 2013

      June Birthdays

      Is your birthday in June, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

      Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some recent ones.

      Challenges

      Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

      May Stories

      All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. In May:

      --- 4 Reviewed Stories were published or updated.

      --- 18 General Stories were published or updated.

      --- 3 Beta Stories were updated.

      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

      Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!

    • Nath
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 1, 2013

        July Birthdays

        Is your birthday in July, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some recent ones.

        Challenges

        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

        The Nuzgûl of the Month!

        The all-new July Nuzgûl, from Nath: Happy Turin – from an idea by Evilstorm over at LJ: Happy Turin... either a moment somewhere in between all he suffers (and inflicts) in canon, or an AU in which his life is actually happy. Give the guy a break, make him smile!

        If you have ideas for Nuzgûl of the Month later this year, please post to the discussion thread as well. Ideas are always welcome!

        June Stories

        All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In June:

        --- no Reviewed Stories were published or updated.

        --- 22 General Stories were published or updated.

        --- 2 Beta Stories were updated.

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 5 11:27 AM

          September Birthdays

          Is your birthday in September, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

          Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some previous ones.

          Challenges

          Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

          The Nuzgûl of the Month!

          The all-new September Nuzgûl, from Nath: Hope on the horizon â€" Seemingly hopeless situations may not be as bleak as all that, or perhaps someone has false hope; hopes may be dashed, or come true...

          If you have ideas for later Nuzgûlim of the Month, please post to the discussion thread as well. Ideas are always welcome!

          August Stories

          All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

          Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

          Many talented writers are publishing every day. In August:

          --- 23 General Stories were published or updated.

          --- 2 Beta Stories were updated. (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

          Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!

        • nath_kuijpers
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013

            (Prospective) Challenges, October birthdays and links to the stories written or updated in September

            October Birthdays

            Is your birthday in October, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

            Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some previous ones.

            Challenges

            Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

            September Stories

            All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

            Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

            Many talented writers are publishing every day. In September:

            --- 32 General Stories were published or updated.

            --- 1 Beta Story was updated. (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 1, 2014
              Story Pledge Challenge
              Why not take part in the January 2014 Story Pledge Challenge? Join in the fun: write a story or put up a pledge, or perhaps even both.

              Following the course of the second Hobbit movie, the theme for this year is Sun, Shadow and Smaug. Bilbo journeys from the sunny slopes of the Misty Mountains into the deep shadows of Mirkwood, emerging from them to continue to the desolation of the Dragon. Gone are the certainties of the civilized Shire, evil lurks beneath the branches of the trees, and every step brings him closer to Smaug...

              The Challenge: Write a story that is connected in some way with The Hobbit - the book or the movies - and that uses one or more of the three themes of the challenge - sun, shadow, Smaug - and post it on HASA. It can be anything you like as long as it ties in to something that happens or is mentioned or must have occurred given the events of the book or the movie. Of course there are some rules to the Challenge.

              For authors:
              - Your story must be a new story, never having appeared for the general public on any other web site
              - Your story must be 500 words or more in length (combining drabbles is fine, length allowances made for poetry)
              - Your story is posted exclusively to HASA in January while the Challenge runs

              For those readers who want to pledge a donation:
              - The pledge is per completed story posted to the Challenge - you can't specify that you'll only donate for an Elf story or one with Gollum in it, for example.
              - A minimum of $1.00 per story
              - No minimum on the total amount you're willing to pledge

              Enter a story in the Challenge here.

              The Story Pledge Challenge in the Forums: General discussion

              Keep an eye out for the Entries and Pledges forums!

              January Birthdays
              Is your birthday in January, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

              Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests.

              December Stories
              All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

              Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

              Many talented writers are publishing every day. In December:

              ---15 General Stories were published or updated.
              ---no Beta Stories were updated.

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 6, 2014

                April Birthdays
                Is your birthday in April, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

                Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests.

                Challenges
                The Listicle Challenge, which started on March 25 to celebrate VmE Sauron Day, will run until the end of the month. Find all the details here.

                Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

                March Stories
                All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

                Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

                Many talented writers are publishing every day. In March:

                ---25 General Stories were published or updated.
                ---no Beta Stories were updated.
                (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

                Thank you for reading and writing at HASA. Enjoy!

              • nath_kuijpers
                Message 7 of 21 , May 4, 2014

                  May Birthdays
                  Is your birthday in May, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

                  Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests

                  Challenges

                  Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

                  April Stories
                  All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

                  Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

                  Many talented writers are publishing every day. In April:

                  ---16 General Stories were published or updated.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2014

[...]

                    ---13 General Stories were published or updated.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 5, 2014

[...]

                      ---29 General Stories were published or updated.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 4, 2014

                        July Birthdays
                        Is your birthday in August, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

                        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests.

                        Challenges

                        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

                        July Stories
                        All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

                        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

                        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In July:

                        ---41 General Stories were published or updated.