HASA News - Birthdays, Challenges, Stories

  • Nath
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
      March Birthdays

      Is your birthday in March, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here:
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=0&forumid=937&messageId=55016

      Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at the ones written last month:
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=937&messageId=54968

      Challenges

      Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch:
      http://henneth-annun.net/challenge/nuzgul.cfm
      The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

      How about The Mouth of Sauron lives?
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=5&forumid=5&messageid=55004
      If enough people want to write it, it becomes a Challenge...

      The Nuzgûl of the Month!

      The all-new March Nuzgûl, from Aruthir: Different Seasons – How did the races of Middle Earth deal with the changing of the seasons? Was there a Lossoth festival of Spring, for example... or an Orc one for that matter? How did the Fell Winter affect the Elves of Mirkwood? What do dragons make of Autumn mist? How do Hobbits celebrate Midsummer? ...

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=917&messageId=55017

      If you think you can come up with ideas for Nuzgûl of the Month later this year, please post to the discussion thread as well. Ideas are always welcome!

      February Stories

      All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. In February:

      --- No Reviewed Stories were published or updated.
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=7

      --- 36 General Stories were published or updated.
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=3

      --- 1 Beta Story was updated.
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=4

      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

      Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!
    • nath_kuijpers
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
        December Birthdays

        Is your birthday in December, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here:
        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=0&forumid=937&messageId=55318

        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some previous ones:
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=937&messageId=54968

        Challenges

        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch:
        http://henneth-annun.net/challenge/nuzgul.cfm
        The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

        November Stories

        All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In November:

        --- 26 General Stories were published or updated:
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=3

        --- no Beta Stories were updated. (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)