HASA News - Birthdays, Challenges, Stories

  • Nath
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012

      HASA news - Birthdays, Challenges, Stories

      November birthdays and links to the stories written or updated in October

      December Birthdays

      Is your birthday in December, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

      Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at stories written for previous requests.

      Challenges

      Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

      Story Pledge Challenge

      In January we will run another Story Pledge Challenge as a site fundraiser. No details on the theme for now, except that the Challenge will focus on The Hobbit.

      A reminder of how the Pledge Challenge works:

      Authors write original works, enter them in the Challenge, and promise to not post the stories anywhere except HASA for the month of January. For each story entered, readers pledge to donate a certain dollar amount, anything from $1 per story to however generous they are feeling, to HASA at the end of January. They can put a cap on the total donations they will give so they don't break the bank.

      If you'd like to give a total of $100, you can say "However many stories there are, I will donate $100 and divide that amount evenly," or you can say, "I'll give $1/$5/$10/etc. per story, up to a maximum of $100."

      You can even put in very specific pledges, for instance, you can say you'll donate $10 for each story that focuses on Bombur, or very general ones such as giving $100 if there are 10 or more entries in the challenge, or something like that.

      We will post more information about the Challenge in the next few weeks. Watch this space... (and the forums...)

      The Nuzgûl of the Month!

      The December Nuzgûl, Rivendell: Hidden Valley or Bulwark Against Orcs? can be found here, and will run until the end of the month.

      Come on over to the Nuzgûl of the Month Workshop and join in the fun. If you've written a story for any of the previous months, don't forget to add it to the Playlist!

      November Stories

      All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. In November:

      --- 1 Reviewed Story was published or updated.

      --- 26 General Stories were published or updated.

      --- No Beta Stories were updated.

      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

      Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!

    • Nath
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3 2:11 AM
        March Birthdays

        Is your birthday in March, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here:
        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=0&forumid=937&messageId=55016

        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at the ones written last month:
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=937&messageId=54968

        Challenges

        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch:
        http://henneth-annun.net/challenge/nuzgul.cfm
        The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

        How about The Mouth of Sauron lives?
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=5&forumid=5&messageid=55004
        If enough people want to write it, it becomes a Challenge...

        The Nuzgûl of the Month!

        The all-new March Nuzgûl, from Aruthir: Different Seasons – How did the races of Middle Earth deal with the changing of the seasons? Was there a Lossoth festival of Spring, for example... or an Orc one for that matter? How did the Fell Winter affect the Elves of Mirkwood? What do dragons make of Autumn mist? How do Hobbits celebrate Midsummer? ...

        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=917&messageId=55017

        If you think you can come up with ideas for Nuzgûl of the Month later this year, please post to the discussion thread as well. Ideas are always welcome!

        February Stories

        All writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In February:

        --- No Reviewed Stories were published or updated.
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=7

        --- 36 General Stories were published or updated.
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=3

        --- 1 Beta Story was updated.
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_sort.cfm?ststatusid=4

        (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

        Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!
      • nath_kuijpers
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
          December Birthdays

          Is your birthday in December, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here:
          http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confid=0&forumid=937&messageId=55318

          Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some previous ones: