HASA How-tos - May 2012
How do I...
..enter a story in a Challenge?
- Go to Open Challenges, and find one you would like to enter, for example the May Story Pledge Challenge.
- Just below the description of the Challenge, look for the "Enter this Challenge!" box. If you don't see it, check to see if you are logged in.
- In the box you will see a drop-down menu with all of your stories that are eligible to be entered in the Challenge, plus a Challenge Placeholder.
- Select the story you want to enter or else the placeholder.
- Click "Enter".
You are now entered in a Challenge!
If you have entered a Challenge and have a Placeholder that you want to replace with a real story, this is what to do:
- Be sure you are logged in.
- Select "My Challenges" from the Challenges main navigation menu.
- On the My Challenges page, locate the challenge and the placeholder.
- Click "Edit Entry".
- The page will refresh and you will see a drop-down menu with all of your eligible stories.
- Select the story you want to have in the Challenge.
- Click "Edit".
- Your entry is updated.
A story may be entered in as many Challenges as are appropriate for it. It may only be entered once in a particular Challenge.
Challenge stories may also be entered for review. In that case all references to the Challenge should be removed before submission as reviewers are asked to judge the story on its own. Authors should bear in mind that some entries which are excellent in context of a Challenge may not strike readers as a complete story when disassociated from that Challenge.
When your Challenge story is submitted for review, it will temporarily disappear from the Challenge listing until it has received the requisite nine decisions from the reviewers. After the review is complete, you will need to reset the status on the story so it will reappear in the Challenge.
May Story Pledge Challenge
Don't forget: any story that you have posted at HASA this month can be entered. All we ask is that you don't post it anywhere else until June. Enter the Challenge and help put HASA in the black.
Have fun writing and reading!