HASA News - Birthdays, Nuzgûl of the Month, Stories

  • Nath
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2011

      This week's news features:

      December birthdays, the Nuzgûl of the Month and links to the stories written or updated in November.

      December Birthday Challenge

      Is your birthday in December, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? You can request it here.

      Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at stories written for previous requests.

      Nuzgûl of the Month

      Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don't bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

      The Nuzgûl of the Month!

      The December Nuzgûl, An Excellent Arrangement, can be found here, and will run until the end of the month.

      Come on over to the Nuzgûl of the Month Workshop and join in the fun. If you've written a story for any of the previous months, don't forget to add it to the Playlist!

      November Stories

      All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. In November:

      --- 3 Reviewed Stories were published or updated.

      --- 24 General Stories were published or updated.

      --- 2 Beta Stories were updated.

      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view beta stories.)

      Thank you for reading at HASA. Enjoy!

    • Nath
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012

        First, before anything else: Happy New Year, and happy writing!

        Second: Thank You! to everybody who helped HASA to meet our donations goal and end 2011 in the black.

        January Birthday Challenge

        Is your birthday in January, and would you like a drabble about your favourite character or topic? Keep an eye out for the January Birthday Challenge to appear!

        Meanwhile, if you received any stories in 2011, remember to make a Birthday story for your gifts. Create a story, make each present into a chapter in your story (copy/paste), and then link the collection of stories to the 2011 Birthday Challenge; feel free to ask for help if you need a hand.

        Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some stories written for previous requests.

        Nuzgûl of the Month

        Just as Challenges come from Prospective Challenges, Prospective Challenges come from Nuzgûl, and Nuzgûl need attention to grow from tiny ideas into big stories. Step into the Nuzgûl hutch. The bunnies don’t bite (much). And who knows what ideas you may come out with?

        The Nuzgûl of the Month!

        The January Nuzgûl, Alternate Perspectives, can be found here, and will run until the end of the month.

        Come on over to the Nuzgûl of the Month Workshop and join in the fun. If you’ve written a story for any of the previous months, don’t forget to add it to the Playlist!

        December Stories

        All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story you read is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

        Every fifteen minutes HASA highlights a story chosen at random from the Reviewed and General stories in the archive. Read the currently featured story on our front page.

        Many talented writers are publishing every day. In December:

        --- No Reviewed Stories were published or updated.

        --- 33 General Stories were published or updated.

        --- 3 Beta Stories were updated.