New *and* Improved!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2005
      New *and* Improved!
      What's new at HASA?

      An in-page HTML coder built in to the chapter forms in My Stories and
      Workshop.

      What's improved?

      The ease and speed with which you can post story chapters. While
      nothing can beat the precision of a full-power HTML editing program,
      the new in-page editor does a great job for most cases.

      What do you get?

      • Works with later versions FireFox and Mozilla, as well as IE. If
      your browser doesn't support the editor, it will be hidden and you'll
      see the usual text box.
      • Does not break earlier formatting on HASA stories.
      • SPELL CHECK! If you are an IE user, you can install a great
      little
      spellchecker utility that you can teach to recognize Tolkien words.
      • Search/Replace - Quickly locate a word and change it.
      • Color text/color backgrounds - great for editing.
      • Automatic conversion of your text to XHTML standards compliant
      code.
      Trust me, this is a good thing.
      • A special Word paste button to automatically strip out all the
      funky
      code Word inserts into HTML.
      • Easy-to-use character map to find and insert accented
      characters.
      • Preview window.
      • Full-screen editing window - though, be warned, it has been
      crashing
      on me with really big chapters.
      • Bold, italic, underline, strike through, sub script, super
      script,
      bullet lists, numbered lists, indenting and outdenting.
      • HTML editing screen
      • Undo and redo

      This editor is functional right now in My Stories and Workshop. A
      trimmed down version is being prepared for Forums and should be
      available later in the month.

      If you have problems with the editor or simply prefer to do your own
      HTML, I have kept the plain text chapter forms as well.

      *IE 5 users should use the plain text form!* I have received reports
      that IE 5 shows the editor, but does not interact with it correctly.
      To reach the HTML version, click the "HTML" link. To reach the plain
      text version, click the "Text" link.

      Happy posting!

      Anglachel,
      HASA Tech Support