HASA How-tos - September 2010
- This month's HASA How-to tells you how to make a story out of your Birthday Challenge gift posts, and put the story into the Birthday Workshop.
How do I...
...put my Birthday Challenge forum posts in the Birthday Workshop?
Once you have made your birthday request and the first entries have been posted, it's a good idea to already create your story in the Birthday Workshop
so that gift writers can add a drabble there as well as in the Birthday Challenge Forum.
Here you can read how to do this (Please make sure you are logged in before you follow the links):
1. Create a story in the same way you normally would. (See the FAQ if you're not sure how to do this:
Give the story it a name like [Your_name]'s 2010 Birthday stories.
2. Create a chapter for each of the gift stories already in the forum. Use the title of the story as the title for the chapter. If there's room, add the author's name to the title, otherwise, make it the first line in the chapter. A chapter would end up with a name like [Title by Author].
3. Make sure that the status for each chapter is set to `publish' and that the story itself is set to `General'.
4. Go to the Birthday workshop. If you are not yet a member of the Workshop, you will need to sign up to the Workshop to perform the final step below.
5. Add your story to the set of stories in the Workshop.
Now that the story is in the Birthday workshop, the authors of your gifts can add more chapters to your story as they like.