HASA Announcement: Recently-Updated Stories

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2008
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Dwim [May 25] requested any AU drabble or "fics dealing with political
      situations.

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

      --- "Mercy" by illereyn for Dwimordene
      --- "Our Lily" by thelauderdale for Dwimordene
      --- "Narn i Hîn Elrond" by Jay of Lasgalen for RiverOtter, Nath, and
      Dwimordene
      --- "(untitled)" by maya_ar for Dwimordene
      --- "Land Stroke" by Elena Tiriel for Dwimordene
      --- "Least Expected" by Imhiriel for Dwimordene

      If you have a birthday in May and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

      The thread to request drabbles for next month is not up yet, but should
      be soon. If you have a birthday in June, be on the lookout for it.

      *******

      This week's focus: FORUMS

      One of the best ways to get involved at HASA is through our forums.
      People are discussing research questions and stories as well as having
      fannish squees regularly there.

      Some useful forum links:

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/index.cfm
      "On Our Minds" displays the ten most recent posts in forums open to all
      HASA members. It's a good way to catch up on what you've missed, though
      the page can move quickly when lots of forums are active at once.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/latest.cfm
      If you've been out of touch for longer than a few days you might want to
      use the "One Month of Posts" page. This page has just what it sounds
      like: a list of forums that have been posted to in the last month,
      beginning with the most recently updated.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/workshop_list.cfm
      Workshops are specialized writing communities. They allow you to share
      stories you aren't ready to post to the whole site, and many have
      interesting forums attached to them. Explore workshops to find a group
      of members interested in similar topics. (You must be logged in to see
      this link.

      Now, here are some of the most recently-updated threads in HASA forum.
      Don't be shy. If any interest you, why not jump in?

      May 2008 Birthdays (in HASA Birthday Card Forum)
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

      Question About Avari Elves – Physical Appearance (in Research Questions)
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=4&messageId=51816

      Science in Middle-earth (in Prospective Challenges)
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=5&messageId=51722

      Here's hoping this week finds you having many interesting discussion
      about all things Tolkien. Because, really, you were trying to cut back
      on sleep anyway, right?

      Until next time,
      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please contact me through
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.