HASA Announcements (May 19-26) - Recently-Updated Stories

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2008
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Nath (May 18) requested, "I would like anything related to 'time', any
      characters and any rating, though my current favourites are the Northern
      DĂșnedain."

      Dwimordene (May 25) requested, "I realize that it can be tough to write
      an AU in only 100 words, but give for my birthday, I'd like to see you
      give it a shot. Choose your time, your incident, and your desired
      divergence. Alternately, if the AU idea is just too big to be reducible
      to 100 words, I have to teach a socio-political philosophy course next
      term. So fics dealing with political situations would be welcome.
      (Especially if they have to do with the Kin-strife in Gondor.)"

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      at
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739
      --- "Mercy" by Illereyn for Dwimordene
      --- "Our Lily" by thelauderdale for Dwimordene

      Also, Larner wrote a belated longer story for RiverOtter, "Embassy to a
      New Age":
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?stid=7482&SPOrdinal=1

      If you have a birthday in May and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

      *******

      This week's focus: RECENTLY UPDATED STORIES

      All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that
      sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story
      is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA hilights a story chosen at random from the
      Reviewed and General stories in the archive. The current story is

      Sam I am by Vistula the Dunadan
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=4136
      Sam and Frodo meet for the first time when Frodo comes to live with his
      cousin Bilbo in the Shire. Also includes Hamfast Gamgee.

      Why not go to http://www.henneth-annun.net/ and check out the currently
      featured story?

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. Check out these stories
      just added to HASA:

      Reviewed Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_reviewed.cfm
      Seeking the Sun by lindahoyland
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7472
      While most of Minas Tirith celebrates the end of the Ring War, one
      war-wrecked soul is filled with anger toward the new King. With grateful
      thanks to Raksha.

      Full Brothers in Blood by Oshun
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7313
      Written as 2007 holiday gift for Dawn Felagund to following prompt:
      "Fingon and Turgon, younger, in Valinor. You hint about their
      relationship--or lack thereof--a lot, and I find myself thinking on this
      when reading your stories. So I'd like to see a scene between them. It
      doesn't have to be serious or even revealing; just a hint of what there
      was between the two brothers in Aman."

      ~*~

      General Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_general.cfm
      An Elf By Any Other Name by Marta
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7489
      ...or, A Short Speculative History of a Certain Elven Emissary. An
      attempt to construct a history for the emissary sent by Cirdan to the
      Council of Havens from the hints sprinkled through canon, that also
      functions as a case history in how to characterize minor characters.

      Opus of Tales Untold by Tinni
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7487
      What happened to Maglor? Does Elured and Elurin live? Did the sons of
      Elrond choose the doom of man or the fate of the eldar? Find out in the
      Opus of the tales untold!

      ~*~

      Beta Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_beta.cfm
      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view these stories.)

      Orcs in Hobbiton by The Lauderdale
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7485
      AU. Two years after Sauron won the war, his Orcs have come to a Shire
      under Saruman's dominion. The hobbits that are its proper inhabitants
      are caught in the middle. Told in drabbles and double-drabbles. (WIP)

      Ways Round, Ways Through by Larner
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7484
      Not all who have been maimed in war acquiesce to remaining on the
      sidelines afterwards.

      ********

      And now for your mid-month nuzgul. Because the only way to get stories
      to read is for someone to write them, and that requires our fangy little
      friends.

      Wanderers Speak
      http://henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/challenge_detail.cfm?NGID=437

      Write a story about a character overcome with wanderlust. Write about
      rangers trying to settle down or elves exploring in the early days.
      Maybe a hobbit has itchy feet? Or a dwarf leaves to search out new
      metals and discovers he loves to travel. Write about what is just over
      the horizon and the character who yearns to see it.

      If you don't feel the tickle of little fangs in your ankle yet, there
      are many more potential stories just waiting to be written. Read all of
      HASA's many story prompts in our Nuzgul hutch @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/nuzgul.cfm.

      Do you have a suggestion you'd like to see added to the hutch? Submit it
      using the "Submit a Story Suggestion" form at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/suggest.cfm.

      Happy reviewing!
      Marta
      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please contact me through
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.