HASA Announcements - Recently-Updated Stories

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2008
      HASA ANNOUNCEMENTS – April 27-May 4

      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      fliewatuet (April 29) asked, "Since my all-time favourite character is
      Aragorn, I would like to read how he dealt with that age (or the
      Dúnedain equivalent of 40). This can be anything from a birthday party
      to mid-life crisis. Though I wouldn't mind reading about your favourite
      character either :-)"

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      "Deliverance" by Imhiriel for Elena Tiriel @
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51575#51720

      The May thread isn't up yet, but should be sometime this week – be on
      the look-out for it.

      If you have a birthday in April and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51652

      The May thread isn't up yet, but should be sometime this week – be on
      the look-out for it.

      *******

      This week's focus: FORUMS

      One of the best ways to get involved at HASA is through our forums.
      People are discussing research questions and stories as well as having
      fannish squees regularly there.

      Some useful forum links:

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/index.cfm
      "On Our Minds" displays the ten most recent posts in forums open to all
      HASA members. It's a good way to catch up on what you've missed, though
      the page can move quickly when lots of forums are active at once.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/latest.cfm
      If you've been out of touch for longer than a few days you might want to
      use the "One Month of Posts" page. This page has just what it sounds
      like: a list of forums that have been posted to in the last month,
      beginning with the most recently updated.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/workshop_list.cfm
      Workshops are specialized writing communities. They allow you to share
      stories you aren't ready to post to the whole site, and many have
      interesting forums attached to them. Explore workshops to find a group
      of members interested in similar topics. (You must be logged in to see
      this link.

      Now, here are some of the most recently-updated threads in HASA forum.
      Don't be shy. If any interest you, why not jump in?

      Prospective Challenges
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=5&messageID=51722
      Subject: Science in Middle Earth

      HASA Birthday Cards Forum
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=482&messageID=51575
      Subject: Deliverance

      Prospective Challenges
      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=5&messageID=51714
      Subject: Minority Rulez!

      Here's hoping this week finds you having many interesting discussion
      about all things Tolkien. Because, really, you were trying to cut back
      on sleep anyway, right?

      Until next time,
      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please contact me through
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.