HASA Announcement - Recently Updated Stories

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2008
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthdays coming up. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Fliewatuet (April 29) requested, "Since my all-time favorite character
      is Aragorn, I would like to read how he dealt with that age (or the
      DĂșnedain equivalent of 40)."

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      [title] by [author] for [requestor] @ [link]

      If you have a birthday in [month] and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      "Paranoia is Sweet Revenge" by Vistula for Larner
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51706

      *******

      This week's focus: RECENTLY UPDATED STORIES

      All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that
      sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story
      is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA hilights a story chosen at random from the
      Reviewed and General stories in the archive. The current story is

      Weary beyond Joy or Sorrow by Imhiriel
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6949
      "When Aragorn 'could labour no more, he cast his cloak about him, and
      slipped out of the City, and went to his tent just ere dawn...' (RotK,
      The Houses of Healing) - but what awaited him there? Drabble."

      Why not go to http://www.henneth-annun.net/ and check out the currently
      featured story?

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. Check out these stories
      just added to HASA:

      Reviewed Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_reviewed.cfm

      Lothiriel's Journey by Lady Bluejay
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6963
      A light-hearted look at how Lothiriel and Eomer could have met. Contains
      some fun sexual innuendos and humour.
      [summary]

      Final Choice by Meril
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=3920
      Nimloth's last moments in Menegroth.

      ~*~

      General Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_general.cfm
      Leather by Marta
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7455
      Sometimes, a sensation as simple as touch can have a powerful affect.
      Boromir/Theodred.

      A Cat in King Elessar's Court by Agape4Gondor
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7382
      A royal descendant of Beruthiel's cats spends time with us, reminiscing
      about life in Minas Tirith once a certain Hobbit arrives. Drama/humor. (WIP)

      ~*~

      Beta Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_beta.cfm
      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view these stories.)

      Never shall the sun that morrow see by Peregrin Ionad.
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7091
      "Find the King's son" the call came, cutting through the sound of the
      upon the rocks, echoing off the surrounding mountains. Please beware
      this story is very AU. (WIP)

      Untold Tales of the Mark: The Banishment of Eomer by Katzilla
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=5874
      A very dark AU take of what Eomer's banishment could have been like...
      angsty as you would expect from me. (WIP)

      ********

      And now for your mid-month nuzgul. Because the only way to get stories
      to read is for someone to write them, and that requires our fangy little
      friends.

      Minority Rulez! ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=5&messageId=51714

      "So, there was recently a minority_rules challenge over at LJ that was
      inspired by the fact that the Democratic nominee in the U.S.
      presidential election would likely be a woman or an ethnic minority. I
      missed the sign-up for that challenge, but it got me thinking about the
      many women and racial minorities who are in places of authority in
      Middle-earth. There are obvious canonical women rulers like Eowyn and
      Galadriel, and less obvious ones like Gollum's grandmother who is
      described as a matriarch.

      "And then there's possibility for original ones, situations where the
      younger men would likely be away, for instance at Dunharrow or in the
      Angle, or after the destruction of Laketown when so many of the men rode
      north.

      "That's not even touching the problems faced by the ethnic "other." A
      Sindarin Celeborn in Valinor would have likely faced problems, as would
      Eowyn in Gondor. And let's not even talk about the ways Eol was
      misunderstood in Gondolin.... I'm sure there are other possibilities, too.

      "So why don't we have a challenge of our own in honor of the fact that a
      woman or minority might soon be the U.S. president? Write me a story,
      poem, drabble, or essay about the challenges a woman or ethnic minority
      might have faced in Middle-earth? "

      If you don't feel the tickle of little fangs in your ankle yet, there
      are many more potential stories just waiting to be written. Read all of
      HASA's many story prompts in our Nuzgul hutch @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/nuzgul.cfm.

      Do you have a suggestion you'd like to see added to the hutch? Submit it
      using the "Submit a Story Suggestion" form at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/suggest.cfm.

      Happy reviewing!
      Marta
      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please contact me through
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.