Announcement: Resources

  • Arandil Yáviëre
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      NOTE: Please be sure you are logged in when clicking on the links.

      MARCH IS /TALE OF YEARS/ MONTH
      Resource volunteers are pleased to announce that March is /Tale of
      Years/ month! Each day, many of the events that occurred on that day
      in the /Tale of Years/ will be featured on the HASA Welcome Page. Be
      sure to stop by and see what events from the Research Library are
      highlighted each day!

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/index.cfm#resourcefeature

      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES
      The following members have a birthday this month. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Elena Tiriel (March, 14) requested, "I'd love a drabble about any
      character, event, place, or object from Tolkien's world that
      especially fascinates you... the (Middle-earth) sky's the limit!"

      Vistula the Dunadan (March, 20) requested, " ...having spent the past
      nine months settling into a new - long anticipated - home, I'd love a
      drabble centered around a new home, or new place to live. And if you
      could slip my dear Samwise in it somehow, that'd be even sweeter."

      Obsidianj (March, 24) requested, " I would like a drabble about
      either Aragorn or Boromir and if it would be possible to have both in
      one drabble that would make my day."

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      Epiphany by Larner for Elena Tiriel @ http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/members/challenge/chapter_view.cfm?
      STID=7428&SPOrdinal=1&NGID=523

      Star-Songs of the Eorlingas by Tanaqui for Elena Tiriel @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/chapter_view.cfm?
      NGID=523&STID=7428&SPOrdinal=2

      The Legend of the Grey Riders by Jay of Lasgalen for Elena Tiriel @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/chapter_view.cfm?
      NGID=523&STID=7428&SPOrdinal=2

      New Quarters by Larner for Vistula @ http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?
      confId=5&forumId=482&messageId=51575#51599

      If you have a birthday in March and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=482&messageId=51575.

      *******

      This week's focus:

      RESOURCES

      The HASA Research Library is a very useful resource for writers as
      well as for online discussions on book canon. You can find entries on
      characters, settings, events, and items, containing cited quotes
      about the item you are trying to find more information on. This
      portion of the site is available to both members and non-members at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/index.cfm.

      Would you like to get involved with Resources? If you like
      researching and want to help develop this section of HASA you can
      contact the Resources & Research Library through the contact form at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm.

      What's new in Resources:

      Timeline Events
      Corsairs attack the South Road to Minas Tirith --- http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/resources/events_view.cfm?evid=1431
      Fëanor improves the written alphabet of Rúmil --- http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/resources/events_view.cfm?evid=1443

      Character Biographies
      Rúmil of Tirion --- http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/resources/bios_view.cfm?SCID=456
      Nahar --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/bios_view.cfm?
      SCID=374
      Lothíriel --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/bios_view.cfm?
      SCID=77

      Places
      Ringló --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/places_view.cfm?
      plid=261
      Mounds of Mundburg --- http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/resources/places_view.cfm?plid=645

      Things
      Tengwar --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/things_view.cfm?
      thid=414
      Ainulindalë --- http://www.henneth-
      annun.net/resources/things_view.cfm?thid=415
      Aldudénië --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/things_view.cfm?
      thid=94

      And always remember, grasshopper: the path of wisdom leads through
      proper citations. *grins*

      Good luck researching your story! If you enjoy this section of the
      site please feel free to thank the researchers, listed at the bottom
      of every entry.

      Until next time,
      Hugs and Cookies,
      Arandil

      PS: Do you have something in particular you would like included in
      next week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews[at]henneth-
      annun[dot]net.