Announcement: Recently-Updated Stories

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2007
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      Still no December birthday requests! If you have a birthday birthday and
      would like a drabble, why not post a request at

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51332

      If you're unsure how it all works, send up a red flag at that same
      forum, and Imhiriel the Challenges Assistant who works with birthday
      drabbles will be glad to help you.

      *******

      This week's focus: RECENTLY UPDATED STORIES

      All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that
      sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story
      is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA hilights a story chosen at random from the
      Reviewed and General stories in the archive. The current story is

      A Creature of Fire by Daw ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=5209
      Set in 2770 TA. Legolas is a lieutenant in Mirkwood's Northern Border
      Patrol, dealing with both matters of the heart and the forces of Shadow.

      Why not go to http://www.henneth-annun.net/ and check out the currently
      featured story?

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. Check out these stories
      just added to HASA:

      Reviewed Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_reviewed.cfm
      Of Like Passion by Adaneth ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7000
      The fiends have been slain, and the Men and Dwarves of Dûnhebaid are
      hoping for peace and prosperity. Yet monstrous foes make other
      irritations seem trifling. Out of that shade, quarrels are like to bloom
      . . . and Lindon takes steps to deal with the interlopers. The Dûnhebaid
      Cycle, Part III.

      My Oaths Will I Keep by Encaitariel ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7226
      A story of Gildor Inglorion, following In This Far Land. Beren, son of
      Barahir, comes to Nargothrond.

      ~*~

      General Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_general.cfm
      West of the Moon, East of the Sun by Armariel ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7303
      A sequel to "Light from the West"...the story of the reunion of Sam and
      Frodo in the Undying Lands. (WIP)

      Unto the Ending of the World by Nath ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7028
      Dark AU, diverging from the end of the Two Towers: Sauron regains his
      Ring in Ithilien, and a very bleak world emerges.

      ~*~

      Beta Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_beta.cfm
      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view these stories.)

      A Reason for Hope by Lady Donalwen ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6735
      A-U. Arwen and her firend Doni are returning home to Rivendell from
      Lothlorien when they are attacked by a band of orcs. The attack leaves
      them both unconscious and when they wake up in Rivendell, they find that
      they have been switched; Arwen is mistaken for Doni and sent to Dale as
      a lady's maid while an unconscious Doni, mistaken for a dead Arwen, is
      laid to rest and later rescued. (WIP)

      The Sins of the Fathers: Tirion by Mirefinwe ---
      http://henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6988
      Three Ages in the life of a city.

      *****

      For your mid-month nuzgul, I'd like to point you to the drabble
      challenge currently going on at the there_n_back LiveJournal community.
      Lots of HASA-ites are participating. Every day, an illustration from a
      Tolkien calendar is posted to the community, and members respond with
      drabbles about the illustration. It's a good way to write if you don't
      have a lot of time.

      The illustration is posted each day at

      http://there-n-back.livejournal.com/

      If you don't feel the tickle of little fangs in your ankle yet, there
      are many more potential stories just waiting to be written. Read all of
      HASA's many story prompts in our Nuzgul hutch @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/nuzgul.cfm.

      Do you have a suggestion you'd like to see added to the hutch? Submit it
      using the "Submit a Story Suggestion" form @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/suggest.cfm.

      Happy reviewing!
      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews(at)henneth-annun(dot)net.